Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2007, 07:05 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,602,986 times

Advertisements

We're Interested In A House On Juliana Street In Bedford? Can Anyone Tell Me If That Area Of Bedford Is Good! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 08:03 PM

4 posts, read 90,609 times
Juliana Street is perpendicular to the main street that runs right through the town of Bedford which is Pitt Street. It is a very nice section of town. Quiet for the most part. Mostly professionals on that Street. Some Offices in very old buildings and converted houses, and a lot of old stately homes. Very, Very Pretty, tree lined streets. Not much traffic on most parts of Juliana St. Other than the 2 to 3 blocks between John st and Pitt St. Bedford has very particular restrictions on what changes can be made to the exteriors of homes in that neighborhood. They have to be maintained as tastefully as possible and keep them in line with the revolutionary war period that most of them were built. The heights would probably have addresses of S. Juliana St. Shops in the downtown historic district would be within walking distance, maybe 12 blocks to the very top of the heights. North Juliana St is across the Juniata River. Quiet little street, homes are much smaller. Very close to the elementary school. Can barely see it from N. Richard Street which is Parallel. Probably not quite as desirable as S. Juliana St. addresses, but still not a bad section of town. Search on the web for Bedford County Visitors Bureau (which is on Juliana St).

I grew up in Bedford, graduated from HS there in 91. Moved back after college in 96. Still live in Bedford County. Still consider it a nice place to live, and now raise a family. Feel free to email with other questions, susieqrx@yahoo.com.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:58 PM

3 posts, read 9,534 times
Hello. I just wanted to post my reply in agreement with SusieF. Juliana Street is a very nice part of Bedford, and if you have children they will be very close to schools. I grew up in Everett, but spent a lot of time in Bedford. Both towns are very charming, and what they lack in excitement they make up for in safety and small-town atmosphere. I live in DC now, but love coming back to visit.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:38 AM

2 posts, read 7,505 times
You are making a good choice coming to Bedford. I have lived here most of my life and it is a wonderful small town. Juliana street is the nicest area close to the center of town. You will be close to schools and most of the homes have such historical value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania