Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 11:08 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesWeCan View Post
Hi all, its been a long time. From reading this forum I know that an alcoholic beverages license was approved for the Longhorn Steakhouse. So I knew it was coming, but not where. I thought I had read somewhere that it was to be placed in the Monroe Marketplace. But according to this... Haley Construction, Inc. About Us, and other construction sites it is a remodel. So, where exactly is it going???
Think I recall reading here or talking to somebody that they saw some action inside the old Ruby Tuesday place. Wonder if that could be it? Will be interesting to see where they land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 11:17 AM

56 posts, read 182,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Think I recall reading here or talking to somebody that they saw some action inside the old Ruby Tuesday place. Wonder if that could be it? Will be interesting to see where they land.
That would make since as the architecture of the old (sigh still miss it) Ruby Tuesday Building is not much different than the pics I have seen of the LH Steakhouse building. I am surprised that no additional restaurants have found their way into the MM. Still holding out hope though for an Olive Garden or Red Lobster!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:48 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,691,335 times
There is activity in MM where I had heard Longhorn was going (and where the paper said it was going). It's right in front of Giant's gas station. There's a Porta-Potty there and they have that rolled orange stuff on the ground around the site that prevents runoff or whatever. So, whether it's Longhorn or not, something is definitely happening there.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
There is activity in MM where I had heard Longhorn was going (and where the paper said it was going). It's right in front of Giant's gas station. There's a Porta-Potty there and they have that rolled orange stuff on the ground around the site that prevents runoff or whatever. So, whether it's Longhorn or not, something is definitely happening there.

Yes, you are right. In the Marketplace where you said there is now a trailer with a banner across it that reads, "Coming Soon Longhorn Steakhouse"! I am excited! I hope this will help to lure even more stores/restaurants to MM.

P.S. The old ruby Tuesdays would be a great place for an olive garden or red lobster. Don't you agree??

Old 05-25-2010, 08:42 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,781,397 times
I think a CiCi's Pizza would fit in nicely on the Strip: CiCi's Pizza Buffet - Almost too good to be true!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:19 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,593,052 times
I heard from a relative that Red Lobster might be going in on that piece of land next to Sheetz, use to be a mobile home sales lot a long time ago I recall. They also said there is a nice piece of land behind Sheetz but did not know whats going on there or if it's for sale?

BTW I got five or more Olive Gardens within a 20 mile radius of where I live and I rarely if ever go there, used to a long time ago before I realized the food is not that great, taste very microwaved. Carrabba's is way better for the chain restaurants, but the best Italian is at the non-chain places.

Red Lobster isn't bad, have a bunch of those around too go there once in a while usually during Lobsterfest it's a good deal.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:27 AM

A second a CiCi's. We love them, but the closest one is in State College and it's been disappointing every time we've gone - out of silverware, dirty, no pizza that we like even though we made a request, not enough seating sometimes.

I doubt the lot next to Sheetz will see anything on it for quite some time. They were supposed to build a Charlie Brown's there but that deal fell through, probably something to do with the liquor license. There are only so many in the county. They're all spoken for, and it's hard (and expensive) to get one. I'm not sure how Longhorn's managed it, but I'm glad they did. I'm looking forward to it!

Anyone heard any more about Sonic? Or the Ruby Tuesday location? There was an IHOP rumor for there, but so far nothing seems to be taking place there or at the location where Sonic was to go.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:15 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,593,052 times
Quote:

I doubt the lot next to Sheetz will see anything on it for quite some time. They were supposed to build a Charlie Brown's there but that deal fell through, probably something to do with the liquor license. There are only so many in the county. They're all spoken for, and it's hard (and expensive) to get one. I'm not sure how Longhorn's managed it, but I'm glad they did. I'm looking forward to it!
No not the lot where Papas Pizza was a long time ago, it's the lot between Sheetz and Wallmart. Sheetz sits on land that use to be Gary's Farmhouse.

The land where Papas Pizza was is contaminated because the gas station next door had a leaky tank and it cost too much to correct it at least thats what I was told why that steak house pulled out.

The land behind Sheetz is vacant too, off of 9th street or the mall turnaround as I recall it.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:36 PM

Oh, okay. There's what looks like an old small truck garage or terminal there, right?

I think the land behind Sheetz is probably owned by Sheetz. At least there's some sort of building in there that I think was a shed owned by Gary's Farmhouse, so I assume all that land was sold as one package.

It sure would be nice to see something go into some of these vacant buildings and lots.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Oh, okay. There's what looks like an old small truck garage or terminal there, right?

I think the land behind Sheetz is probably owned by Sheetz. At least there's some sort of building in there that I think was a shed owned by Gary's Farmhouse, so I assume all that land was sold as one package.

It sure would be nice to see something go into some of these vacant buildings and lots.
Yes, you are right on Dawn. Too bad we have these massive shells that once were Value City and Giant. Restaurants and/or stores would have to tear town those buildings to place anything there. I wonder how much cheaper it would be to make those areas shovel ready, compared to the money for the proposed bypass which would likely kill businesses in the area? Hopefully the Red Lobster near Sheetz is true (Thanks for the info blauskies!!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania