Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 08:20 PM

1 posts, read 5,579 times

Advertisements

We are considering a new home purchase and would like to know consumers' experience with the following builders:

Del Grippo
Ryan Homes
Greth
Forino

If you own or have owned a home by any of these builders, please share you buying experience. Are you happy with the quality and construction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 05:09 PM

712 posts, read 1,971,412 times
What kind of home are you looking to buy?

Double wide

Modular

?

Ryan Homes has a good reputation, but I would look carefully at the home you buy before you buy it and make sure that it has the doors, cabinets, trim that you are looking for.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:04 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,636 times
Ryan homes is the worst. Google Ryan Homes and you will see tons of complaints. Go with a custom builder. Ryan Homes is a mass builder and can offer cheap prices cause they buy cheapest labor and materials.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:55 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,944,661 times
Where are you looking to buy or build? Check out that county's Home Builder Association for local builders and pick one as you would a real estate person. Ask questions, ask to see their work and talk to homeowners who have used them. Contact the Better Business Bureau to check their reputation.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:36 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,048 times
I'd say Greth Homes is a great choice. They have good contractors and a good staff. You can see a thread comparing Greth to Forino in the Lehigh Valley threads. Not really sure about Del Grippo,,,never heard of them.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:20 PM

18 posts, read 91,790 times
Greth in a landslide. Forino is total crap and Ryan, if it's even possible, is worse. Never heard of DelGrippo, doesn't matter. You cannot go wrong by Greth *and no I don't work for them

Old 03-04-2010, 11:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,904 times
Avoid forino and don't be so quick with greth. I've had tons of problems with a greth home. One of their great subcontractors didn't insulate the masterbathroom, so i had frozen frozen pipes...they took all the siding off that side of the house, cut a hole and stuffed insulation in. now the temporature in that part of the house can't be controlled. while some new home owners deal with nail pops, i've had failed drywall tape... and a lot of it. My next home will be new, but it wont be greth

Old 05-06-2010, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comparingbuilders View Post
We are considering a new home purchase and would like to know consumers' experience with the following builders:

Del Grippo
Ryan Homes
Greth
Forino

If you own or have owned a home by any of these builders, please share you buying experience. Are you happy with the quality and construction?
Why buy a new home when you can get one 50 cents on the dollar even if they need a little work. As an appraiser these homes are often oversold WITH no equity or HAVE negative equity left. This my opinion. BUYER BEWARE. PICK UP PUBLICATIONS OF HOMES FOR SALE BEFORE BUILDING. IF THE PRICE IS MUCH HIGHER STAY AWAY. GO TO POCONORECORRD.COM AND SEE FOR YOURSELF WHAT NEW CONSTRUCTION AS DONE TO NEW OWNERS. TALK TO AS MANY RE AGENTS AND GO TO THE CONSISTENTS ONES. IT MAY SAVE YOU A LOT OF MONEY. I WOULD NEVER BUY NEW HOME IN THE POCONOS AGAIN. THATS MY OPINION.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 4,095 times
Default Stay Away from Delgripo Homes

[FONT=Verdana]I would not recommend buying any of the Delgripo homes. Spotty craftsmanship, terrible service, overpriced, you name it. Nightmare city [/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania