Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2019, 07:41 PM

75 posts, read 57,715 times

Advertisements

Hey all!

We liven in SoFla for a few years way before kids. I still give people like 6 days worth of to-so if I know they’ll be there, but I know zero of north Florida. And plus, we have a 4 and 2 year old now, so I need some help.

Are there some beaches where we can spend a whole day comfortable with kiddos? This would require bathrooms/showers, paid parking, and walking distance to food and drink is a plus but not required like the aforementioned.

Since we’ve become parents and are now used to the great lakes’ beaches, we’ve gotten used to moving in. That’s an 8x8 pop-up (with the legs in the back only 1/2 up) a cooler, a tiny tent under the pop ups for naps and changing. We legit live on the beach for a day. I don’t remember anyone doing this in sofla, and am assuming it’s either cause people there are less crazy OR it’s not allowed. Feedback on this would help.

Lastly, we traditionally like to stay center-city where the food and fun is, or on the beach, but we are barely able to swing the gas for this trip (seriously. One income family struggling) so I’d also like to know the nicer/safer suburbs so I can find an inexpensive hotel

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 09:00 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Hi, Drew! Check out the Pensacola area, for sure. Johnson Beach, a part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore park system, is a terrific beach with a pavilion, bathroom, showers, etc. While overnight camping is no longer allowed, it is a beautiful place to spend with your family for the day. Convenient parking as well. The entrance is at the end of Perdido Key, just west of Pensacola. Have fun!

Old 06-04-2019, 09:05 AM

I like it! Thanks. What are the nicest/safest areas to stay? Like suburbs with reasonably priced hotels? I’d love to stay at the beach or the city center but it’s not in the budget

Old 06-06-2019, 07:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,006 times
I’m not sure how much budget you have to afford a beach house. As Ansley Park mention Pensacola area is good for your kiddos to spend time.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:26 AM

Not much budget! We weren’t planning this so if we end up doing it, it’s like motels in the suburbs.

We’ve been planning a Waterpark vacation in Ohio (they are world class and the waterfront is awesome) and I stumbled upon something I want to see in the top west corner of Georgia, and it would be silly not to continue down to the pan handle if we do the Georgia thing

Funny, last time we took a random unplanned vacation to the sunshine state it was just like this - and 6 weeks later we LIVED there haha

Old 07-05-2019, 05:49 PM

Drew - Did you all make it down here?

Old 07-05-2019, 07:44 PM

Actually, no it was dependent on a side deal panning Out and it didn’t. Looking at March hopefully. It’s timing, we were at one of the better American fresh water beaches today and my 4 year old made a comment about wanting to go to the beach every day. It made me wonder what it would be like to relocate back to the sunshine state ....no baby sitters for even the criticals like doctors appointments,
But solid beaching 45-50 times per year...

Old 07-09-2019, 06:42 PM

It’s a blast! Come on down!

Old 07-09-2019, 07:17 PM

If my bride wants to, I would in a heartbeat. We’ve got nice equity in this house, though houses here are worth less and have higher taxes and could make some nice moves. Just unlikely with all our people here. Plus other than the taxes and politics this place is great. I don’t mind the snow. Though i do miss the beaches. SoFla was incredible. Tropical paradise in America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola