Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 12:41 PM

97 posts, read 278,954 times

Advertisements

Wow......trying to book some hotel stays from Priceline for next week and there just aren't the deals out there that I have found in this economy for elsewhere. In other areas of the country, I have been able to book 2 1/2 star/3 star hotels for well less than 100.00. Priceline is being really stubborn on any deals today!
I did get the Marriott Courtyard off of I10 for a fairly decent price for one night, but it's not as close to the beach as I would like. Anyone know how to find the deals in Pensacola? Or where I should look at staying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 08:12 PM

440 posts, read 2,426,920 times
It's Spring Break in our area = peak prices.
Have you tried looking around on VRBO.com (Vacation Rentals By Owner)
If you see something that looks good, you never know the owners may be more flexible in their pricing. With a slower economy, lots of vacation rental owners are feeling the pinch too ... perhaps you could get a better deal by dealing with an owner directly as opposed to a chain hotel.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:39 AM

97 posts, read 278,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bohemians View Post
It's Spring Break in our area = peak prices.
Have you tried looking around on VRBO.com (Vacation Rentals By Owner)
If you see something that looks good, you never know the owners may be more flexible in their pricing. With a slower economy, lots of vacation rental owners are feeling the pinch too ... perhaps you could get a better deal by dealing with an owner directly as opposed to a chain hotel.
Thanks 2bohemians.......I responded to your post in the other thread. Spent the day shopping with Priceline yesterday and have most of it worked out. Just didn't get the deals I was hoping for, but all worked well. I think since the area is new to me, that we decided we would move around a bit, but still at a leisurely pace. It's going to be a long week waiting now........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola