Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 AM

66 posts, read 65,305 times

Advertisements

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 09:59 PM

I have been seeing a lot of success stories! Wish mine was one! :'(

Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 AM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessarie hill View Post
I have been seeing a lot of success stories! Wish mine was one! :'(
You may have to be very patient if you posted on 1+ adoption boards.
Your brothers may not be looking for you. They may not know they have a sister.

I can direct you to three very recent threads where multiple fathers or multiple mothers and/or kids adopted or given away, and all of them are still open.
If you read those you will see they are very similar to yours.

If you wrote a few letters and have allowed a few weeks for a reply, and desire to send a few more, let me know. I can send you the other addresses.

The bit of information you need is:
did Diana and Jorge go to Colorado, or is that not correct.
what is their last name.
are their names really Diana and Jorge, or were you told wrong.
I believe finding them may be your easiest route, since their son is your brother.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
every day i check 2 see if i get tha one message im lookin for saying im ur brother!!! still have hope!!!
As adoptees seek roots, states unsealing records - USATODAY.com

Old 10-22-2012, 06:15 PM

Still have hope!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Still have hope!!!
Have you registered with the Texas registry?

In Texas, about 8,500 adoptees, siblings and birth parents have registered.
One or two matches are made each month, says Patricia Molina, who oversees the registry.

Last edited by howard555; 10-23-2012 at 07:29 AM..

Old 10-23-2012, 10:29 PM

No I haven't but I will try that!!

Old 10-24-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Explain to your Mother, that now, as an adult you realize why she gave her kids away. That you understand why she needed to do it. And you are not upset about it. Maybe she will give you information to help you find your brothers. She did not want you to find your sisters but you did. Your Mother's life did not change because you found your sisters. Her life won't go bad because you might find your brother in Colorado.
Let her know you fully understand why she made the decisions she did back then. Maybe she will shed some of her fears about you finding your brother(s).
--------------------------------------
This article is 7 years old, so it may be alot easier now[/b] with Texas adoption records.

Adoption Records Becoming More Open in Texas - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

The Texas Vital Statistics Central Adoption Registry is part of a voluntary mutual consent registry system mandated during the state's 68th Legislation Session in 1983. It is unique in that it has the authority without a court order to view a sealed or confidential record. The Voluntary Adoption Registry system is open to people 18 years old or older who are adoptees born and placed for adoption in Texas, birth parents, and biological siblings. In Texas over 30 child-placing agencies operate their own voluntary adoption registry. The registry provides an avenue for adult adoptees, birth parents, and biological siblings to locate each other without having to go through the court system or spend excessive amount of time and effort trying to find each other through other sources.
A match occurs when an adopted person and his or her birth parent or a biological sibling voluntarily register. The registry sends a biography on the participant's life to the other participant at the same time identifying information is exchanged.
Applicants complete an application on the dshs.state.tx.us website, submit a copy of a photo i.d, and a $30 payment payable to Texas Vital Statistics to Central Adoption Registry, Box 140123, Austin, TX 78714-0123.
--------
Also:
Texas Adoption Laws GS Adoption Registry
---------------------------
Your brothers may not know they were adopted. But, I'd think the brother who was age 6 at the time, was quite aware that his guardian changed from your Mother to Diana and Jorge.

Last edited by howard555; 10-24-2012 at 07:52 AM..

Old 11-04-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Dessarie:
There are new laws in many, many states dealing with the release of adoption records.
It's getting easier to get these records. Your Mother and Grandmother need to call the Dallas County vital records office and mention the news laws and ask how they affect you getting the records for your brothers. If your Mother and Grandmother won't help, you call them one week and let your sister call them the next week. One of your brothers was taken by a local social services agency.

I've said this to you before. Your Mother dreaded the day you would find your sister but you found her any way. You finding your sister did not impact your Mother's life in any negative way. It's the same if you find your brother(s). It's not going to impact your Mother's life. You should go to your Grandmother and anyone else that might help, and get that explained to your Mother.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:42 PM

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search