Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2014, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 883 times

Advertisements

I endorsed a check to someone else but now the ban is requesting for that person come in with me in person with state issue ID's, but the problem is I am currently in another state on business. the person does not know what to do and there's not much i can do at the moment. how can we resolve this issue so the can release that person the funds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 05:01 PM

795 posts, read 1,269,153 times
Get their account number and send them the money.

No one uses checks anymore... the "ban" teller got confused. lol

Old 10-17-2014, 05:03 PM

22,601 posts, read 47,707,443 times
Send them a money order.
Send them a check.
Direct deposit into their account.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:23 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,781,236 times
If I understand this correctly, the OP doesn't have the funds.

Mr.X sends a check to OP.
OP signs and gives it to Mr. Y
Mr. Y tries to deposit the check, but the teller insists on ID.

If OP just gives Mr. Y the money, there's no way to cash the check from Mr. X. Ultimately OP likely needs to get a new check from Mr. X, deposit it, then write a new check to Mr. W.

This is why I never endorse checks to other people... way too much room for issues.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:21 AM

43,691 posts, read 44,435,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weprogress View Post
I endorsed a check to someone else but now the ban is requesting for that person come in with me in person with state issue ID's, but the problem is I am currently in another state on business. the person does not know what to do and there's not much i can do at the moment. how can we resolve this issue so the can release that person the funds?
Have the person send you back the check and you deposit it into your account and then send the person a check of your own for the sum needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance