Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 05:21 AM

1,005 posts, read 1,900,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaauger View Post
With parents needing flex time, elderly needed supplemental income, gas prices being so high, the move to a service economy, the proliferation of communication technologies, etc., I am glad to see working from home become an accepted option with legitimate opportunities.
AAA -

Agreed, great points! Working at home is also very helpful for folks with physical challenges. Many may desire to, but don't have a "transferable" field, so can begin by turning a loved hobby into supplemental income.

Quote:
It just isn't the norm yet in our society, so it's great to have a forum like this to brainstorm and exchange ideas.
Agreed, again. Thank you for your previous post listing websites. That's most helpful to me. Your spirit to share is very much appreciated by many, I'm sure!

Many folks have ideas, are hard working, talented & creative, but don't know where to shop their ideas. These sites might provide a successful first step. Everyone needs a place to start.

Thank you again... VV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 06:44 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,964,894 times
mod cut for LEGITIMATE online Mystery Shopping.

There are legitimate work at home opportunities. One is taking calls for infomercials at home. None of them will make you rich. Mystery Shopping is more of a hobby, and you need to have $$ to start. No, you don't pay THEM, but you do have to wait to be reimbursed, sometimes up to 3 months.

Don't PAY to work... any company that asks you for money upfront is a scam.

Last edited by Waterlily; 01-05-2009 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: no link ads

Old 10-12-2010, 06:39 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,491,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doss View Post
I would like to get some advice from you people. I have been hearing about the money on web and it really interests me. Is it true that people get rich by just working online? I too have some free time and I want to utilize it to my best interest. I know there are many jobs online but need you people to suggest me on the better ones.Hope that you people will help.
Thanks!
You're highly unlikely to become rich just by working online. 99.9% of those "offers" are all scams designed to steal your money. You can make some money by working online, but don't kid yourself - the amount you make is very likely to be in direct correlation with the amount of skill and effort involved. There is no free lunch.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:07 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,891,174 times
Yea there are tons. Probably 10,000+ job postings right now on odesk.com

In the online world its all about results results results. If you work hard, and get results, you will make alot of money.

I've posted several small jobs on there. Mostly data entry, editing, writing and programming related stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbjkIE_CQI8

Old 10-15-2010, 11:26 PM

28 posts, read 47,731 times
I worked for almost two years remotely for companies in California (from Iowa) because they exposed me to much higher-class projects and somewhat more competitive pay. I developed web sites for just about only big companies everyone has heard of. After graduating from college, I began employment with the most recent company. It all began with me taking web development seriously and putting a lot of time into learning it for fun. The summer after my sophomore year I moved to CA to work for a company, who then offered to keep me working remotely after I returned home. The following summer I wanted the same arrangement as the earlier summer, except all remote. I had to sift through a lot of garbage in my searching and while I got a few interviews and job offers the first summer, the second I got much fewer--maybe only 2 or 3--because I was asking for confined dates (like the 1st summer) but also working remotely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance