Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 02:17 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I think a bank could do it, all through an escrow account. I don't think that would be the issue. They would be in first mortgage position on the house, which would be darn secure considering that 3/4 of the value of the house is equity.

The problem would be if you don't have enough income to make the payments on the loan. No matter what, it is going to take a few months to get title all situated and to get the house sold. You'd have to be able to make a couple of payments.

The country is full of hard money lenders who would make the loan for you. Interest rates are really high, but that probably wouldn't worry you since you'd be putting a whole lot of cash onto your pocket if you could only pay the taxes up front.

1 year, renewable.

That's what my buddy typically does.
He's currently having the house he gutted and is almost done (finish drywall and paint is all that's nedded) with renewed.
This time he even rolled the interest over and is getting enough to finish the place and about $10k cash to live on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 02:33 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Which could be the home itself. I'm pretty sure a mortgage or heloc could be setup coninciding with the transfer to take care of this

Edit: maybe not though

https://www.google.com/amp/www.9news...tune/339329223
She was set on keeping the home to live in. It makes sense that if she can't pay off the loan for taxes, no financial institution will give her the loan. It doesn't say she considered selling it if that would get her a temporary loan, but you have to think St Judes would have suggested it if it was possible. Hmmmm . . .

Old 02-21-2018, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 945 times
Thank you all for posting information regarding taxes for winning the St. Jude Dream Home. There is a lot to consider and your information will be very useful if I were to win this home or another sweepstakes or raffle.

God Bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance