Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 04:59 PM

251 posts, read 1,532,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzstyle00 View Post
Thanks for the great info guys,I forgot to mention that i owe a home already thats being rented out.The mortgage on the home is aprox $85,000 left.To help my credit score,is it better to sell that house before i buy the new one or should i sell it after buying the new house.thanks
Anyone have an answer to this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 05:18 PM

Well im glad i found this forum cause im getting alot of good advice.
I pulled my credit report through freecreditreport.com(experian)and disputed 2 accounts that i didn't recognize and they even had my sisters gap account which was in debt mixed in with mine!So now that i disputed the 3 charges i saw which were hurting my score,i was told that my new score would be available between 30-45 days.
Now here's my question,how long does it take for those disputed items to get back in my credit report if they truly are legit?
Also i will be purchasing a new home in august,would this be a good time to start disputing any negative credit or should i wait for another month or two as when the mortgage company pulls my credit report the negative items will not show which means my credit score will be higher?

Old 03-28-2008, 07:42 AM

746 posts, read 1,243,132 times
Fico score is for mindless bankers or automated systems. Don't worry about it.

Get your debt to zero get your income high, cash in the bank and pay your bills.

Dave Ramsey seems like a jerk, I hate some of his comments but he is not out to win a popularity contest.

What he will do is get you out of debt STAT.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:05 PM

Default Does credit score decrease if inquire is made through annualcredit.com?

Since credit scores decrease when inquires are done,If i need to check my credit score through annualcredit.com or free creditreport.com does my credit score decrease in result of it?
I already used freecreditreport.com but i only recieved equrian's free report,but in order to view equifax and transunion i must pay an extra fee.Now does subscribing to these sites count as an inquire or not?

Old 04-01-2008, 09:16 PM

1,006 posts, read 1,556,622 times
Quote:
Since credit scores decrease when inquires are done,If i need to check my credit score through annualcredit.com or free creditreport.com does my credit score decrease in result of it?
I already used freecreditreport.com but i only recieved equrian's free report,but in order to view equifax and transunion i must pay an extra fee.Now does subscribing to these sites count as an inquire or not?
I think one poster above said not, but I'm not sure. I didn't think it did. A "dreaded" mortgage broker or reputable banker (your bank?) might be able to give you an accurate answer.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:46 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
Quote:
jerzstyle

Pulling your own credit will not "ding" you
Neither do the "solicitation" inquires that credit cards pull

Old 04-02-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
jerzstyle

Pulling your own credit will not "ding" you
Neither do the "solicitation" inquires that credit cards pull
Ok now im confused,do inquires lower your credit score or not?
Or does it depend on what type of inquire it is?
As i said im ready to go ahead and pull my credit score from freecreditreport.com so is that going to lower my score?

Old 04-02-2008, 04:07 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,547,268 times
Quote:
Ok now im confused,do inquires lower your credit score or not?
Or does it depend on what type of inquire it is?
As i said im ready to go ahead and pull my credit score from freecreditreport.com so is that going to lower my score?
Only a hard inquiry will affect your score. That would be a request for a new credit line, an increase in an existing credit line or a new loan. The others are soft inquiries and they do not affect your score. these include you pulling your own report, your current creditors checking your report, those pesky new offers you receive in the mail and insurance company/employers who request your credit info.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:55 PM

2 posts, read 5,075 times
Quote:
I already used freecreditreport.com but i only recieved equrian's free report, but in order to view equifax and transunion i must pay an extra fee.
Yes .. FreeCreditReport.com only gives you the Experian Credit Report and Score.

Dump them and get Citi Credit Monitoring.

Cost is $12.95 a month .. and you get access to all 3 Credit Reports and Scores as often as you want to check them.

Using a credit monitoring service .. you will not be penalized for checking your credit reports.

If you just order your credit report from the bureaus .. there will be 5 points deducted from your credit score for each such request.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:07 PM

2 posts, read 5,075 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight, The more accounts i have open the lower my score will become? From what i heard the more credit card accounts a person has the higher his credit score will become considering bills always paid on time.
Sorry I found this thread so late .. but for those who do not know .. the more credit you have .. the better!

So long as everything is in good standing and being paid on time, and providing you are not using any more than 50% to 60% of your total available credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance