Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2020, 02:34 PM

175 posts, read 147,397 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else still not yet received their stimulus check? I signed up for direct deposit and check the Get My Payment website everyday but continually receive the same message:

You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.

Is there any way for me to get more information on the status of my check? I am guessing not but figured I would ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2020, 02:50 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,490,348 times
Beyond that, basically no.

I think it is September before all go out.

But there are a few questions to be answered:

Even though it may day you are eligible, are you sure you are (sounds like a stupid question, but there were at least two threads on these forums by people who were miffed they didn't qualify.)

Also, what is the amount you are entitled to? If the full $1200 pp, then I think all those will be out by July end.
If you are upper income, but entitled to a discounted amount, those are the ones who won't get til Sept.. beginning of end depending on how much smaller the check you are entitled to I'd, the bigger ones go out first, the $200 and under checks are one of the last ones to go out. They figure you don't need it as much as the lower income people do, or those who lost jobs.

Third, are you sure you haven't gotten a credit card like thing..a debit card Actually.. because those who made more were beginning to get those instead. I DO hope you didn't get one and throw it out thinking it was a fake credit card offer or a scam card or junque mail!

We happily got it the first week they were coming out..by direct deposit.
But we are lower income, received a income tax refund direct deposited for 2018 tax year (filed 2019) to that account. Those were the first ones, like us, to receive the stimulus.

I don't know what to tell you.

Is there a number you can call?

People tend to forget that the last checks...or debit cards...or DD to go out go out in September.

It says you are eligible, but it doesn't know which method of payment or what date it will actually be issued, so it says no more info available.

Best to you, but even a number or the IRS may not know what date what method is used to deliver it to you.

Good luck

Old 07-04-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
Beyond that, basically no.

I think it is September before all go out.

But there are a few questions to be answered:

Even though it may day you are eligible, are you sure you are (sounds like a stupid question, but there were at least two threads on these forums by people who were miffed they didn't qualify.)

Also, what is the amount you are entitled to? If the full $1200 pp, then I think all those will be out by July end.
If you are upper income, but entitled to a discounted amount, those are the ones who won't get til Sept.. beginning of end depending on how much smaller the check you are entitled to I'd, the bigger ones go out first, the $200 and under checks are one of the last ones to go out. They figure you don't need it as much as the lower income people do, or those who lost jobs.

Third, are you sure you haven't gotten a credit card like thing..a debit card Actually.. because those who made more were beginning to get those instead. I DO hope you didn't get one and throw it out thinking it was a fake credit card offer or a scam card or junque mail!

We happily got it the first week they were coming out..by direct deposit.
But we are lower income, received a income tax refundment or what date it will actually be issued, so it says no more info available.

Best to you, but even a number or the IRS may not know what date what method is used to deliver it to you.

Good luck

Thanks for the response. A couple of notes:

I am fairly certain that I am eligible for the $1,200 although I might be on the higher income side of those who are eligible to receive the payment.

Initially I was not set up to receive my payment via direct deposit, but I then signed up so that it would be deposited into my account. My status on the website says that the payment well be deposited into my checking account and my checking account is listed. Maybe my payment is delayed bc I had to sign up for direct deposit?

I think my payment will be deposited into my account but I have also been on the look for a debit card in the mail, nothing as been delivered.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:48 AM

7,519 posts, read 13,628,157 times
Per IRS at https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance ( scroll down the page)

"For Economic Impact Payment questions, call 800-919-9835."

An article by AARP has this info:

"If you're concerned the check was lost in the mail or the direct deposit was misdirected, the IRS says it will mail a letter to your address 15 days after a payment was issued. If you receive the letter but never received a payment (or the payment was in the wrong amount), the IRS lists a toll-free phone number to call: 800-919-9835. Initially there was no option to speak to a live representative, but on May 18 the IRS announced that it was starting to add 3,500 phone representatives to answer callers’ common questions about stimulus payments."

https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/inf...lus-funds.html

Old 07-05-2020, 08:17 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,947,781 times
It appears that changing your info to Direct Deposit may have thrown the system for a oop. Your Bank digits may have hit the system at the exact wrong time.

Are you sure you're eligible ?? The cutoff amount was clearly defined....are you above or below that number ??

Did you verify your Bank's Routing number on their website ??

I was not on Direct Deposit with IRS, but I resisted the urge to change it using their website, choosing to wait for the paper check to arrive. We got our paper check sometime in mid-May after it was held up for Donald T. Rump's signature. We were near the top of the earnings cutoff figure and still received the full payout of $2400.

We're on IRS Direct Deposit as of now......waiting for the next round of stimulus.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post
It appears that changing your info to Direct Deposit may have thrown the system for a oop. Your Bank digits may have hit the system at the exact wrong time.

Are you sure you're eligible ?? The cutoff amount was clearly defined....are you above or below that number ??

Did you verify your Bank's Routing number on their website ??

I was not on Direct Deposit with IRS, but I resisted the urge to change it using their website, choosing to wait for the paper check to arrive. We got our paper check sometime in mid-May after it was held up for Donald T. Rump's signature. We were near the top of the earnings cutoff figure and still received the full payout of $2400.

We're on IRS Direct Deposit as of now......waiting for the next round of stimulus.
Thank you for the information. I am going to try and call the telephone number today.

This is the exact message I see on the site so I am assuming that I am eligible:

Payment Status
You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number: ************(Last 4 of my checking)

Updates to your payment are made no more than once a day. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Old 09-08-2020, 03:46 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,936,117 times
My daughter still has not received her stimulus check. She definitely qualifies and has received a refund (direct deposit) from her 2019 taxes. She is not eligible to be claimed as a dependent and we did not claim her as one (obviously). When she checks the "Get My Payment" website she gets the following message. Any ideas of what to do next? She has called the IRS but they just say "we are still in the process of mailing checks".

Payment Status Not Available
We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:

We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or
You're not eligible for a payment.
For more information about why you're receiving this message, see our Frequently Asked Questions.

You can check the application again to see whether there has been an update to your information. Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there's no need to check back more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance