Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 10:48 PM

714 posts, read 1,540,437 times

Advertisements

It's been brought to my attention that ASPCA has a credit card that a percentage of every sale is given to the organization. I currently have 3 credit cards. 2 Citibank, 1 American Express. 0 balances on all of them.
1=$3,600 max limit
2=$17,600 max limit
3=$13,000 max limit

Car will be paid off in four months and after that all I have is my mortgage of $858.00 per month. I should have 6 months of expenses in the bank this time next year. So with all that being said, does anyone know the best route to take to open a Visa credit card with ASPCA, I LOVE the idea of giving every time I use my card.

I do use the American Express card now, and it is paid off each month. I have no idea if I should close both citibank cards? neither? how closing one card and getting another affects my credit score? which should be great as I don't miss any payments and have little debt other than my house, which I have about 40,000 equity in..

Does anyone know how I can get this card and also take the best route for my credit score?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 02:43 AM

1 posts, read 3,404 times
Hello, ttyl1979. I, too, love the idea of using my credit card (that I will use anyway) to help out the ASPCA. So in the beginning of this year I obtained a Chase ASPCA Animal Protection card. Well, I just received a letter from Chase, explaining that they will no longer be donating to the ASPCA, but of course I could still use the card. Ptoi', I say!!!

However, before I went and cancelled it, my husband reminded me that it does, indeed, hurt your credit score if you close a card, so I guess I will merely stop using it. I am on the lookout for another card, and I was going to go directly to the ASPCA website; they should have the most recent cards available (which is where I got the first one). Good luck in your search, and if you find anything, be sure to post it, thanx! DonnaBahama.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:47 AM

33 posts, read 105,365 times
Thanx for sharing your information..

Old 05-24-2010, 01:15 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,606,899 times
I used to have an ASPA related credit card. I think it was a Mastercard. I too was happy to think that some amount of my purchases was going to the ASPCA. Over time, the account was converted to an Am Ex and the ASPCA connection was no longer there. I didn't use the Am Ex enough so they closed it since I hadn't used it in 5 years.

How long have you had an open account with credit cards 1-3? Don't close them if you have a substantial credit history with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance