Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:57 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,174,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Aww... your puppies are adorable! So how big does a python like your get? :O
Thanks! Ball pythons can grow to be around 6ft and the boa (is about 5ft in that picture.. lol) can get to about 10ft I think!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 10:02 PM

canibeyou... adorable hedgehog by the way! When my younger sister was in school they had a hedgehog for their class pet (one of their many class pets.. lol) and they would take turns bringing the hedgehog home for the weekends. So, we didnt own a hedgehog but, we had one stay with us for a few weekends! lol! They are soo cute and I was amazed at how sweet it was!

Old 06-20-2007, 06:59 AM

13,931 posts, read 39,315,008 times
I knew a guy that had a snake that was 22 1/2 feet long...he sold it to a zoo at $100 per foot. It looked like your snake...but since I am not a snake person not sure of the breed.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:31 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,936,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
canibeyou... adorable hedgehog by the way! When my younger sister was in school they had a hedgehog for their class pet (one of their many class pets.. lol) and they would take turns bringing the hedgehog home for the weekends. So, we didnt own a hedgehog but, we had one stay with us for a few weekends! lol! They are soo cute and I was amazed at how sweet it was!
The key is, you MUST handle them every day. If you ignore them, then they will curl up into a spikey ball anytime you come around or try and touch them. I wish they lived longer. It broke my heart whe nshe went over the Rainbow Bridge. And I know that might sound silly, but shehad a personality and everything.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:30 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,472,740 times
Let's see....I've had 3 tarantulas, 2 Emperor scorpions, a chameleon (real one, not an anole) a fence lizard, chickens, horse (he's 27 now), dogs, cats, hamsters, donkeys, and a ferret who lived to age 12. Almost forgot Sally, a tiger salamander and a water turtle we had to catch snails for. Oh yeah, I had a land snail for about 1 year too. That's what happens when your Dad works for the Conservation Department!

Old 06-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I knew a guy that had a snake that was 22 1/2 feet long...he sold it to a zoo at $100 per foot. It looked like your snake...but since I am not a snake person not sure of the breed.
It was most likely some kind of boa.. Im not a snake expert by any means, but I am almost 100% sure that certain boas can get up to 30ft!

Old 06-20-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
The key is, you MUST handle them every day. If you ignore them, then they will curl up into a spikey ball anytime you come around or try and touch them. I wish they lived longer. It broke my heart whe nshe went over the Rainbow Bridge. And I know that might sound silly, but shehad a personality and everything.
That doesnt sound silly at all! I get soo attached to any pey I have! lol! I got upset when my hermit crabs died and when my fish died!! I was only around my sisters class hedgehog for a few weekends and I kind of got attached to her! She was handled ALOT and she was soo sweet and could be soo funny! She definitly had her own personality! I remember that she made this wierd noise the first time my sister brought her home.. do you know what I am talking about?? It might have been that she was scared, but it was almost like hissing if I remember right.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:54 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,936,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
I remember that she made this wierd noise the first time my sister brought her home.. do you know what I am talking about?? It might have been that she was scared, but it was almost like hissing if I remember right.
Yeah! They do hiss and kinda puff up and move their quill so that they aren't all smooth; they're actualy going in all different directions and if you try and pick 'em up like that, that's when you get poked. They don't shoot thier quills, but they can be sharp!

Old 06-21-2007, 11:03 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,436,352 times
Quote:
What's the most unusual animal you've had as a pet? I used to have a hedgehog, but she passed away last year. They only live for about 3 years. Great little pets, but heartbreaking they don't live longer.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/canibeyou/hedgie.jpg (broken link)
Awwww....aren't they cute?????
My parents....family and myself are HUGE animal lovers, and I was growing up with anything and everything one can imagine.
Now my parents are up in age, and have no more animals, except for hedgehogs and their offspring they care for......lol
They come troughout the whole year, always the same (They have babies now and it's a whole new generation, getting introduced to humans....lol)
We have harsh winters sometimes in Germany.... So, the hedgehogs come "knocking" (so to speak ), my parents take them in, treat them for the fleas, feed them cat food and other foods, give them water, and have them camp out in our basement during the winter.....they usually sleep through the cold season).
This is going on now since years....huh....and it actually only started with one or two. Now we are closer to about 7 or more.... lol......
It is SO NEAT and wouldn't change a thing!!!!
I think it's funny, that they LISTEN to my mom....LOL!!!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 11:23 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,414,824 times
Does a child count as a pet ? :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets