Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 08:07 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,890,373 times

Advertisements

Nema98...what is it with americans killing animals, or English killing animals, or French killing animals?!
even strict vegans participate either directly or indirectly with the killing of animals (the cotton someone wears has to be grown which means a field has to be tilled, in the prcess animals are killed and "evicted" from their homes, during the harvest of cotton tousands of field mice and snakes are routeinly killed by the harvesting equiptment...
soy is a HUGE animal killer...it takes vast amounts of land to grow soy (much of which is gmo) and again thousands of animals large and small are evicted and killed to produce it...
if you eat meat...you participate in the killing of animals...
if you wear leather shoes you participate in the killing of animals
ect...

its comments like that that kind of prove the point....
people...ARE...disconnected.

heck I have a frined who has a sticker on his car that says "this vehicle powered by recycled dinosaurs" (and I want one lol) and had some nuty ARA's go off on him about how cruel it is to use animal products hes a monster ect...
meanwhile they are driving gas guzzling (none eco) suvs and mini vans that use the same petroleum products lol.

I personally had a woman...not a child...not even a teen, an ADULT woman...freek out at me because I "eat eggs from a chickens butt"
well yes...do you not like eggs?
her respnce..."oh I love eggs..."
me: umm, well what kind of eggs do you eat then (confused at this point)
her....without missing a beat "MY eggs come from the STORE..."

she had this look of such proud conviction that I couldn't even begin to approach the "and where o store eggs come from?" topic...I just couldn't do it to the poor woman....I simply nodded and smiled

I do agree this method was heavy handed and a stunt...
(and if it took him 3 hits to kill the rabbit he needs a clue...(we use cervical dislocation "breaking the neck" as its quick easy and seems to be the least stressfull method for all involved its pretty much immediate)
but I do get the message itself.
and I think if more people connected with their food (and tastebuds) wed waste a whole lot less too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 08:12 AM

50,479 posts, read 47,246,513 times
Now I'm hungry! Off to the cafe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets