Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 07:46 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,206,280 times

Advertisements

Sold out to Petsmart. Now that explains why its been going downhill for the past few months.
Prices drastically increased.
Sales tax charged.
Shipping times from overnight to a week.
Guarantee went from freshness 1 year from the best buy date to only 3 months of the best buy date which to me is stale food with no nutritional value.
Inventory selection limited.
Returns are problematic now.
Coupons take weeks to get processed and now they claim they never got them.
No reason to shop at Chewy anymore - its Petsmart.
Another great business gone to the dogs - literally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 08:31 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,036,676 times
For more years than I can count, I've bought my pet needs from Drs. Foster & Smith, even before internet shopping and I used their catalogs. I've been very satisfied. I've never had the need to switch to Chewey or any other. I highly recommend Foster & Smith.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:36 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,055,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Sold out to Petsmart. Now that explains why its been going downhill for the past few months.
Sales tax charged.
Guarantee went from freshness 1 year from the best buy date to only 3 months of the best buy date which to me is stale food with no nutritional value.

This makes me so sad!!!

Old 04-21-2018, 08:41 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,885,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
This makes me so sad!!!
Me too....loved Chewy.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:45 PM

1,201 posts, read 806,019 times
That happened sometime ago. I used to order from Chewy a lot and “subscribed” to several products (food, supplements). I cancelled everything after they were spreading propaganda and pushing a certain breed on their FB page. I think that was right around the same time. I had been a customer for years and spent a ton of money with them but never again.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:47 PM

32,669 posts, read 48,129,403 times
Good for the owners of Chewy. I hope they made a lot of money.

They put in a lot of hard work, building that business up from nothing. I wish for them an enjoyable retirement.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:28 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,279,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Sales tax charged.
I have been shopping at Chewy for years. I still make some purchases there, where the items are available at the size I want (ie huge bag of oxbow orchard hay) and at a cheaper price. I also buy cat food from Petsmart. Sometimes they have really good in store clearance sales, where I picked up a cat toy for less than $1.

For both, they had always been charging sales tax. At least for FL.

I agree that their prices have gone up, no higher than Petsmart prices. That I am certain is Petsmart's doing. Prices for Wellness pet food have gone up considerably.

Returns have been taking a lot longer to process but I have not experienced any problems other than that. The staff do seem not to care as much as they used to.

My biggest complaint and the reason why I am not using them as much is the shipping. It takes longer than it used to and for at least 3 times I ordered my basking lights, they came to me crushed. I told them each time that they need to have more than 1 piece of brown paper in there for packing. If you pay for shipping, your item seems to arrive later than the free shipping items.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:11 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,674,857 times
What a disappointment! I loved that company so much. I noticed that the shipping times were starting to take much longer, but I didn't know why. They used to ship my items so fast that I couldn't imagine how they could get them to me so quickly. Now it takes them a week or longer to ship my items.

I haven't noticed any prices increases on the things I order, but I guess that's just a matter of time. Wonder how else the company will go downhill now that it's part of Petsmart. Petsmart is an average store at best IMHO.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:22 AM

27,231 posts, read 44,018,252 times
Perhaps consider supporting your local independent pet stores?

Old 04-22-2018, 06:27 AM

6,594 posts, read 4,992,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Perhaps consider supporting your local independent pet stores?
You mean the one that went out of business when the third chain opened in town?

I really don't like Petsmart, but here they have a much bigger selection than Petco or Pet Value. Our original Pet Supplies Plus shut down a few weeks ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets