Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 09:54 AM

740 posts, read 457,542 times

Advertisements

I have watched many documentaries on wild animals from wolves to deers. I truly believe they all have feelings for their family, pack, and to those humans that raised them or became accepted into their family.

So with that said, if wild animals can love humans. I am positive pets such as dogs and cat love their human parents since they have been domesticated for thousands of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 10:04 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Certainly more so than wild animals do. There have been cases where wild bears for instance were very fond of the humans they had known for a long time, but one day all of a sudden they attacked and killed those people one might have assumed they liked. One just can't trust wild animals, at best they are like Jekyll and Hyde.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:31 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,693,385 times
This little guy is a baby monkey who do best with his mom(I don't know what happened to her), but he feels something for his human papa. It's amazing how he also cuddles with a cat (11:14):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD4OcY4mi1o&t=308s

Old 04-10-2019, 06:08 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,383,527 times
I recall seeing a program or documentary on tv (just caught a bit of it as I was channel-surfing) and one thing they showed just broke my heart. It was a group of monkeys in the wild, they were under threat from some sort of predator - can't recall now what it was. But one of the monkeys, a female, had a baby that had died. She laid the baby on the ground and kept poking it, pleading for it to get up. The rest of the group waited for her at first, but as the danger got closer they finally fled, while was still desperately trying to urge her baby to get up. She kept looking from her group that was leaving, to the baby, back to the group again...until she at last gave up and ran to them. But the desperation and anguish on her face was absolutely undeniable.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:51 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Is this even a serious question?

If you have a pet whom you love, you know the answer.

Old 05-05-2019, 06:57 AM

4 posts, read 5,409 times
Yes I really think they can

When I hug my dog you can tell he feels safe and stuff so I think so yeah

Old 05-23-2019, 01:31 PM

949 posts, read 573,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Can pets like cats and dogs actually feel love?

Do wild animals that live in packs feel love for their pack mates?

Do the mothers feel love for their children, and then feel extreme sadness when one of the young die? What is the motivated factors that makes mother mammals raise their young for a bit?
It's quite obvious to me that the answer is YES. Most people do not think deeply enough to make that distinction.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:21 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
LOL, that does not mean it "loves" me back.
When you're in a position of dependency, it's hard to judge if they're truly loving you back. Like a wife completely dependent on a husband, and when they say I love you? A child dependent on Mommy and Daddy, do you really think you'd hear I hate you!

I question that all the time with my pet ferret, is it truly love or love dependency.

As for other animals loving one another, I do believe it's possible.

Old 05-27-2019, 12:02 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,914,012 times
Agree that animals love one another. I adopted two guinea pig brothers at three weeks of age. I only adopted one at first. I brought him home and he cried the entire time and would NOT stop crying all night. He finally calmed down some when I gave him a small stuffed bear to cuddle, but I could tell he was still distraught. The crying was soooo sad. I decided to go back and adopt one of his brothers a couple days later. He was so happy! He was literally squeaking for joy. They are now inseparable. They lick each other, play together, and cry if one is removed from the cage. They also have a blanket to hide under and the one pig will jump up and run over to the other one acting very concerned if he hears his brother making noise under the blanket. I have been around many small mammals in my life, but I have never seen brotherly love quite like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets