Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 02:52 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Our vet told us to use several types of flea meds at the same time, but be very sure they are different chemicals so you don't over dose your pet. Fleas are becoming resistant but we can outsmart them!
Do you mean he recommended using several different topicals at once?

Unfortunately, Frontline Plus is exactly what I bought. No wonder it's not working!

Kim, I don't know ANYONE who sprays the yard for fleas; maybe FL's a different ballgame.

https://buyersguide.org/flea-and-tic...1&tdid=9542039

Last edited by otterhere; 09-25-2021 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 04:36 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Do you mean he recommended using several different topicals at once?

Unfortunately, Frontline Plus is exactly what I bought. No wonder it's not working!

Kim, I don't know ANYONE who sprays the yard for fleas; maybe FL's a different ballgame.

https://buyersguide.org/flea-and-tic...1&tdid=9542039
When I lived in MI we sprayed our own yard (but most perplexing I knew sprayed their yard) .. when I lived in Florida we had a lawn company do it. Here in a Jamaica the Caretaker does it.

It’s not fleas they’re spraying for.. it’s general insects as well.

Stop with the topicals; you’re wasting money and if you mix them you could poison your dog. One pill a month is cheap and effective.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:40 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
I order my topicals from www.bestvetcare.com, and they arrive in about 10 days from the UK. And the prices are way less than getting a prescription from a vet.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:46 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
So does the Seresto collar actually work? Anyone know???

Old 09-30-2021, 09:25 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I order my topicals from www.bestvetcare.com, and they arrive in about 10 days from the UK. And the prices are way less than getting a prescription from a vet.
Thanks for the tip - I just ordered Revolution for my cats from them.

Old 10-10-2021, 10:16 PM

10 posts, read 3,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
The the fleas have built up a tolerance to the topicals. Frontline is the worst. Get your pet on a monthly pill.. there’s so many to choose from.. talk to your vet.
You're right about that, our vets are recommending oral preventatives, with Revolution and Bravecto (topical) being the only topicals we carry. Nexgard is a very popular oral preventative and is actually manufactured by the same ppl who made Frontline. The last few clinics I've worked at have not carried Frontline at all, and even appears to be available OTC now.

I'm currently trying to treat my doggo for fleas by coming them out with a flea comb and giving her a flea bath. I've pulled off about 35 fleas and discarded her old bed. I've been keeping her new bed clean and combing her daily until I bathe her again as per the shampoo instructions to see if I can eradicate them w/o medicating.

Old 10-10-2021, 10:18 PM

10 posts, read 3,777 times
They do! I've heard good things about it especially from clients who frequent hiking trails with their doggos. Just make sure to remove the collar before your dog jumps into any body of water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets