Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 04:18 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times

Advertisements

I stumbled on this website. You can search for info on people who have abused animals if you are looking to re-home your pet. It's not fail-safe, but at least it's a start if you're concerned about your pets welfare. It also has a link on the home page you can click that will bring up local abuse cases in your area. I have to tell you, some of the things I read made me sick. The stuff I learn, read, hear............ I hate people more every day. But until we are all strong enough to read about what's going on and stand up together and demand change happen, it's just going to get worse.

Pet-Abuse.Com - Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 11:38 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Oh, ick! I suppose it's a good thing; I know your heart is in the right place, and you care, but I don't think I could go surfing for that kind of news.

I know there are people out there that are hurting so much that they're compelled to hurt others, but I think I'll focus on the good that's being done. I'd rather focus on helping fix the adoption process so that those people are screened out, than to go looking for them.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:26 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,527,219 times
My county had none. Sure they are around just not talked about. Start to background checks.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:25 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times
Quote:
I don't think I could go surfing for that kind of news.
Short of being a resource for rescues, it's also good for people that are getting rid of a family pet, for whatever reason.

No, it's not fun. I see a lot of things that aren't fun. I hear of even more. Like the 18 year old girl that sent me an e-mail today about 3 puppies that were dumped by her home that she's hoping to find a home for. Unfortunately her father found out she had them, even though she'd tried to hide them, and has given her a deadline to find them a place to live or he's shooting them. I've got 26 dogs, including our pets and the foster dogs. Knowing there are 3 puppies that are going to be shot and killed, I still don't have the room or the money to take them in. All I can do is plead with other rescues to take them. And know that even if they do, others will continue to dump dogs and puppies where she is, she'll continue to try to find them homes, and her father will continue to shoot them.

Sometimes life really blows. I hear and see so many things I wish I never did.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:51 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
I could not do what you do, mrs1885. I guess I just do not have the emotional fortitude, but I strongly admire people who do. Whatever I can do in my small way, I will do. Gosh, volunteering at the Humane Society and just walking dogs breaks my heart sometimes. There are just so many homeless, unwanted and wonderful dogs (cats, rabbits, etc....)

Those people who hurt animals need to be known. The only way that can be done is with sites like this. Like a sex-offended registry. The site does not go into great detail about cases. There's one on there from my area. Knowing some second hand info I am aware that this case was far, far worse than reported by the news or that site.

Dreamhunter...I've known of this site for awhile and have checked it for resolution of cases that I'd heard about. But the site only lists people who have been convicted of charges. Background checks are a good thing, especially if you breed dogs.

Sure, life blows sometimes. And sometimes it is magnificent. Like finding people who've dedicated their lives, money and future to caring for unwanted animals. God bless 'em!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets