Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 07:36 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,769,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
The Inquirer moved to Market East a few months ago
OH I might be delirious. But I thought according to the article, their office on Market Street would be closed down LOL! My bad

Summersm: Yeah I frequent the one in Rittenhouse. But it has less selection (in comic books) than the one in Abington. ( I usually took SEPTA from Market East to Noble - super convenient). Plus the one in Rittenhouse always have full house cafe, so there is no way you can sit and enjoy your beverage. And when I bring my food to the the third floor: to the area, where sometimes they have book signing, the security would scold me. LOL. I did not know about the one by Temple. I better check that out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,951,203 times
PlanPhilly | Progress report on University/Southwest district plan

Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 AM

Ho Hum, Holiday Inn's Gonna Come. But Ooh, Then a Philly W? || HotelChatter_

Old 01-16-2013, 10:57 AM

Wax Museum Coming to South Philly? | NakedPhilly

Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,769,524 times
Quote:
Kidphilly: While this max museum is a great idea (I would be the first one to go to that museum!), it seems that alot of people have pointed out that this project is a hoax. I am not sure whether the claim holds true, but I really hope that there will actually build this.
Some of the renderings are actually photoshopped from some other projects in Philly and in other cities.
Let's hope that my and other people's skeptical assessments are wrong, and this wax museum will be built.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,655,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Kidphilly: While this max museum is a great idea (I would be the first one to go to that museum!), it seems that alot of people have pointed out that this project is a hoax. I am not sure whether the claim holds true, but I really hope that there will actually build this.
Some of the renderings are actually photoshopped from some other projects in Philly and in other cities.
Let's hope that my and other people's skeptical assessments are wrong, and this wax museum will be built.
Oh wow, straight up plagiarism! If this is a real organization, they should be ashamed. They are a joke, regardless of whether or not this is serious. And whether it is real or not, they should at least need to give credit (and/or money) to the architects whose renderings they stole and clumsily vandalized in order to bring attention to their currently non-existant, non-designed fantasy project. Pathetic.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:28 AM

Just picked it up on Nakedphilly - no harm meant but maybe it is shady

Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,655,636 times
Quote:
Just picked it up on Nakedphilly - no harm meant but maybe it is shady
Oh, you're not to blame at all Clearly it is shady though.

Stealing someone else's work for the purposes of raising funds for for a non-existant project is fraud on multiple levels, and these guys deserve to get the book thrown at them.
I notice their website has been taken down, which is a good sign.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM

8,701 posts, read 14,706,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
OH I might be delirious. But I thought according to the article, their office on Market Street would be closed down LOL! My bad

Summersm: Yeah I frequent the one in Rittenhouse. But it has less selection (in comic books) than the one in Abington. ( I usually took SEPTA from Market East to Noble - super convenient). Plus the one in Rittenhouse always have full house cafe, so there is no way you can sit and enjoy your beverage. And when I bring my food to the the third floor: to the area, where sometimes they have book signing, the security would scold me. LOL. I did not know about the one by Temple. I better check that out.
The one on Temple's campus is right at the corner of Broad and Cecil B... once you get off the subway.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 PM

8,701 posts, read 14,706,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotodome View Post
Oh, you're not to blame at all Clearly it is shady though.

Stealing someone else's work for the purposes of raising funds for for a non-existant project is fraud on multiple levels, and these guys deserve to get the book thrown at them.
I notice their website has been taken down, which is a good sign.
Maybe it is their own work? And maybe they are just proposing something with a similar design that did not get built in another city? IDK, just a thought. Much like One Liberty Place design was proposed in Houston and Indianapolis before Philadelphia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia