Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:21 PM

207 posts, read 704,656 times

Advertisements

So far I can't find any good pizza places in these areas.

I was just in Philly yesterday and I had some really good plain cheese pizza. It had a nice not thick but not too think buttery crust, flavorfull sauce and the cheese was nicely melted and gooey in a very yummy way.

Unfortunately, I can't find anything like that. Of course I have only gone to maybe 2 or 3 pizza places in the 2 years I have lived in West Chester (not counting pizzeria uno). However, these places have been HORRIBLE. Their crust taste like it is just made with white flour and water and it usually gets dark brown but not a golden toasted color the way the pizza in philly was. I do like Unos, but I would love to be a to go to a neighborhood place that has that homemade flavor.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 03:49 PM

7,268 posts, read 10,585,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylove76 View Post

I was just in Philly yesterday and I had some really good plain cheese pizza. It had a nice not thick but not too think buttery crust, flavorfull sauce and the cheese was nicely melted and gooey in a very yummy way.

Unfortunately, I can't find anything like that. Of course I have only gone to maybe 2 or 3 pizza places in the 2 years I have lived in West Chester (not counting pizzeria uno). However, these places have been HORRIBLE. Their crust taste like it is just made with white flour and water and it usually gets dark brown but not a golden toasted color the way the pizza in philly was. I do like Unos, but I would love to be a to go to a neighborhood place that has that homemade flavor.

Thanks
Have you tried Riggtown Uptown on Market Street? I don't think I can ever pass up a slice whenever I visit there. It's delicious, and a slice of regular cheese goes for $1.00. It's usually mobbed on the weekend after the bars let out.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:03 AM

55 posts, read 175,040 times
I second Tivoli. Best I had out that way was Rocco's on Rt. 100 in Exton.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:11 AM

1,623 posts, read 6,525,465 times
Thorndale Pizza Box, there's also a good italian place, Rino's, on Business 30 right in the strip mall right next to the Exton Mall.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 4,122 times
You have to try Malvern Pizza on King Street , downtown Malvern.

Absolutely the best. Get the extra cheese!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:31 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,515,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylove76 View Post

Thanks
You can't get good pizza in PA, only in NJ. Suggest you go over the bridge to King of Pizza on Rt 70 in Cherry Hill. Nothing like that exists in PA.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:44 PM

7,268 posts, read 10,585,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
You can't get good pizza in PA, only in NJ. Suggest you go over the bridge to King of Pizza on Rt 70 in Cherry Hill. Nothing like that exists in PA.
LOL. Jersey doesn't beat Philly in the Pizza department. That's laughable.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:52 PM

Philly has good sloppy eats, no question, but I have never found a good pizza place in Philly or the PA burbs. It just doesn't compare to Jersey.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,601,713 times
Brother's Pizza in Cinnaminson is the best.

They've been there for 20 years, in a strip mall that at different times had absolutely no other stores in it.

They've never offered delivery either, yet they're still there.

Lavita's on Main St in Moorestown is pretty good. We go there sometimes.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:58 PM

I believe King of Pizza has won numerous best pizza in SJ awards. You might mean Passariello's in Moorestown, fantastic pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia