Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 07:15 AM

13,255 posts, read 33,600,902 times

Advertisements

And in case anyone didn't get the paper this morning..... The Royals are playing the Phillies at CBP and the Phllies WON last night! They're playing today too, so the OP either went yesterday or is going today.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,973,358 times
What a scam. Philly fans suck. They are just like any other fans in any other ballpark!

Had a great time, well except my Royals bullpen gave the game away in the bottom of the 9th.

Really, just in case anybody else might have concerns. The fans were great. We were all over the park, even parked in the tailgating section etc and talked to many philly fans and staff members throughout the game.

What was funny was there was a guy with a yankee's jersey and he got the attention of several sections in the stadium and was heckled to the point that he left by BOTH PHILLY and KC fans! At one point the entire section was chanting "He's from Jersey" Funny stuff. (but they still were not mean). Why would you wear a Yankee Jersey to a Philly-KC game. haha.

Had a great time. Great park, great fans and then Genos Steaks after the game (not my fav place, but it was open late) for a late night cheese steak before heading back to DC.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:28 PM

8,989 posts, read 21,213,024 times
Glad to hear that you had a good time...and that you bonded with the locals over a common "enemy".

Old 04-08-2013, 06:53 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,492,085 times
Yeah, the only "bad" philly fans are Eagles fans in the cheap seats. I would not recommend visiting fans sit in the upper deck at Eagles games. Aside from that, philly fans are generally very reasonable and that is certainly the case at Phillies games. There are many fallacies about philadelphia as a city and those who live there.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,921,885 times
I think the 'bad press' the residents get at games is over blown. Been to many Phillies, Eagles, Flyers games and never seen any of the opposing teams fans getting crap.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:31 AM

32,624 posts, read 77,770,733 times
Granted it's been nearly 20 years since I've been to a Phillies game (and I was only very young at the time), but I seem to recall no major discourse around us from the fans. I personally find baseball to attract a slightly "classier" fan than football, at least judging by the people-watching I do before and after Steelers vs. Pirates games here in Pittsburgh. So many Steelers fans just act trashy. I can just imagine a bunch of drunk hairy shirtless fat guys screaming "FLY EAGLES FLY" or "YOU SUCK" over and over again at an Eagles game whereas I can see a Phillies game being a bit more "wholesome".

Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,264,711 times
Yeah - only issues I ever remember at phillies games were drunk kids fighting each other or on occasion a fan of a hated rival getting some issues .......... glad you had a good time

sixers fans (at the time) were a little more boisterous .... but still harmless by and large, I was able to banter with most and typically if there was a lone jerk, it really was a lone jerk - annoying for sure, but others would join in and laugh at him

funny about the yankees fan - I was at a jets/eagles preseason game at the vet in the upper level, about midway through the 3rd some guy in a cowboys jersey starts roaming around ..... not sure what this guys mission in life was, but probably not the smartest throught process went into that decision - just asking for abuse with no real reason or benefit

Old 04-08-2013, 12:53 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,492,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Yeah - only issues I ever remember at phillies games were drunk kids fighting each other or on occasion a fan of a hated rival getting some issues
This is true to some extent in the outfield seats (ie underneat "Ashburn Alley". I would avoid that section if i was a fan of the visiting team or if i was bringing young children. tend to get a lot of drunks out there. other than that, though, it's a very family friendly place.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:57 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,264,711 times
outfield/bleacher seats are tough in many venues .... on one hand they are cheap, a little more informal and are almost a natural fit for families ..... unfortunately they are also a natural fit for the drunks and bad actors ..... some stadiums are having some of the cheap seats be "family sections" with no booze, etc ... however, many places don't have this issue

I should also note that the days I were referencing were the days of the vet ...... pretty much every upper level seat was $5 and the upper level outfield could get out of hand ..... stadium easy to get to, easy to drink around the stadium and then things would spill over inside on occasion ........ i'm sure a lot of this element has been constricted and priced out with the new stadium

Old 04-10-2013, 10:49 AM

33 posts, read 63,595 times
There are always exceptions, and those are the stories that make the news, but I spend half my summer at CBP and have had seats by fans from almost every other team. Except for some friendly banter I have never seen fans from another team given a hard time. Any problems are usually caused by drunk teens, but even they have the sense not to give kids any trouble. I have even seen Philly fans tell teens to knock off the bad language when their are kids rooting for either team around.
The only place I have seen nasty fans is at Yankee Stadium. I would never bring my daughter there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia