Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 07:35 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,639,323 times

Advertisements

rainrock,
I just want you to know how wonderfully helpful you are to people. I have read these forums all the way to Pluto and back and I have notepads of info from what you have provided.

I am currently living in California (San Jose area) and San Francisco before that. I have been out here about 12 years but I am originally from NJ. My husband is retiring from the military as a pilot. We wanted to go to NJ to be closer to my family but since NJ taxes military pensions and the property taxes are (OMG) that plan isn't going to happen.

So....We decided to look to PA. I know NOTHING about PA with the exception of flying out of the Philly airport for the first time a few weeks ago.

So after this long post, I just wanted to thank you again for helping all of us lost souls.

Cheers,
Shanny

P.S. Wish I could live in Villanova...lucky!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 09:49 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,218,011 times
Oh thanks.There are alot of great posters here that try to help potential metro Philadelphians out by being as honest as possible.

So did you get to look around Pa.? Or did you just use the airport?

Sometimes I wish I didn't live in Villanova( speaking of property taxes)

Good luck.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:10 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Add me to the list of rainrock fans!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:56 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,639,323 times
It's funny! We were hell-bent on NJ until about a week ago. I found this forum and said to hubby, "Um....NJ....not so good!"

We flew from San Jose (Via Houston) to Philly. We stayed at McGuire AFB in NJ. Went to career counselors and hubby went to a career fair.

I am a preschool teacher (AA not BA...oh well...still working on that) and hubby is a graduate from the Air Force Academy. He has a BS in engineering. I affectionally call him my engo-nerd! :lol

We married later in life, alas no children. We want to adopt so schools are important to us.
Dang! You didn't ask for ALL this info.....LOL!
Shanny

Old 11-02-2007, 08:51 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,589,431 times
Rainrock rocks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia