Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2015, 11:58 AM

86 posts, read 105,171 times

Advertisements

Growing up in western Monmouth County (Freehold Township to be exact) I have been wondering this for a while now. Region wise I am technically closer to NYC mileage wise, but time wise I am actually closer to Philly. Plus people in my region get both NY & Philly channels and there are a lot of people who root for either NY or Philly Teams. To get to closet section of NYC, Staten Island its only about 30 minutes however to get to the closest section of Philly which would be Northeast Philly it would be about 30 minutes as well. So where do people in western Monmouth county (anything west of Colts Neck and south of Old Bridge) belong to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 12:12 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hithere_imbored View Post
Growing up in western Monmouth County (Freehold Township to be exact) I have been wondering this for a while now. Region wise I am technically closer to NYC mileage wise, but time wise I am actually closer to Philly. Plus people in my region get both NY & Philly channels and there are a lot of people who root for either NY or Philly Teams. To get to closet section of NYC, Staten Island its only about 30 minutes however to get to the closest section of Philly which would be Northeast Philly it would be about 30 minutes as well. So where do people in western Monmouth county (anything west of Colts Neck and south of Old Bridge) belong to?
Monmouth County is in the NY metro.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:33 PM

385 posts, read 401,294 times
I love the name Monmouth lol...but yeah you guys are in the New York Metro but i just always find it so amazing how that area is between the two...because Freehold isn't far at all on map wise...i've never drove or been there but looking from the map it doesn't look impossible to get there. The TV Markets do overlap in Jersey....the way the North Jersey Coast Line train runs you would think it would hit the Philly Metro Region and connect to Atlantic City.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:27 PM

545 posts, read 1,101,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy215267 View Post
I love the name Monmouth lol...but yeah you guys are in the New York Metro but i just always find it so amazing how that area is between the two...because Freehold isn't far at all on map wise...i've never drove or been there but looking from the map it doesn't look impossible to get there. The TV Markets do overlap in Jersey....the way the North Jersey Coast Line train runs you would think it would hit the Philly Metro Region and connect to Atlantic City.
just so you know... everyone here in jersey pronounces it "mom myth". not like how its spelled lol

Old 05-15-2015, 08:46 PM

86 posts, read 105,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Monmouth County is in the NY metro.
Ok thanks!

Old 05-15-2015, 09:31 PM

385 posts, read 401,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaq View Post
just so you know... everyone here in jersey pronounces it "mom myth". not like how its spelled lol
lol okay no problem....its weird i like Jersey's towns names like Montclair, "Mom myth " , Boonton , Essex , lol i dont know why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: