Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 02:43 PM

467 posts, read 1,189,895 times

Advertisements

Just got a new Director's job in South Philly. Can someone recommend a semi-upscale place to live in South Philly? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 05:32 PM

1,943 posts, read 1,486,983 times
Queen Village, Passyunk Square, and East Passyunk are all nice and lively neighborhoods on the east side of Broad St.

Graduate Hospital is also a very nice neighborhood on the west side of Broad St.

These neighborhoods are all one the pricey end of it though.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:34 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Can also add Pennsport and Packer Park. Also around the stadiums, Marconi Plaza area.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:21 AM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions...very helpful. I was told by a friend that the bridge that crosses the Schuylkill River is always under construction. So that would mean I would need something south of that towards the airport.

thanks for your help!

Old 05-24-2016, 09:22 PM

Default South South Philly!

Well, I checked out all those places that you fine folks recommended.

However, it looks like I need something more along these lines, but south of the Schuylkill River from I-95 south to I-476 west to Hwy 1 as far north as Upper Darby or as far south as Upper Providence Township.

I'm looking for something like this: Langhorne, PA Apartments | Windsor at Harper's Crossing

Now, I'm not asking for you to find me an apartment. I think you all have really helped out. But I am kind of looking for a Upper Middle Class area within the parameters above.

Right now we are in a place that's off of S. 84th Street. Not that bad of a place, but when you turn on the air-conditioned dead bug keep flying out and on to the bed. LOL

I told her that we have a few more days until all the bugs come out, but I don't thing she that type of girl that likes the out doors.

But I have rented this place only for one month while I hit the pavement looking for a nice area. The link up above is a sample of the kind of are we are looking for.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Head Coach

Old 05-25-2016, 06:29 AM

1,782 posts, read 1,551,299 times
You'll get a better response if you provide more information about what you're looking for. Fill out the sticky questions.

As for the bugs, you ain't seen nothing yet, wait for Fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia