Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 11:41 AM

1,525 posts, read 1,184,535 times

Advertisements

You could also look into Conshohocken and West Conshohocken. Don't know much about the school district, though. I don't think you necessarily need to be halfway in between the two places because the commute is generally easy from one to the other (just hop on the Blue Route). So I would recommend being closer to your work since that's going to be your daily commute, rather than closer to family in Upper Darby/Lansdowne, which you likely won't be driving too as often as work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 09:04 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
You could also look into Conshohocken and West Conshohocken. Don't know much about the school district, though. I don't think you necessarily need to be halfway in between the two places because the commute is generally easy from one to the other (just hop on the Blue Route). So I would recommend being closer to your work since that's going to be your daily commute, rather than closer to family in Upper Darby/Lansdowne, which you likely won't be driving too as often as work.
I don't this would work for the OP. A 3 bedroom in Conshy would run for more than $1700--not to mention Conshy isn't as diverse as some of the other options. I still think Norristown or Plymouth Meeting would be his best bet.

OP here are some recommended places I would look into if I were you. I believe one place is slightly above your price point. But I can say based on the maps of where these specific places are located they are in safe areas, generally diverse, and are close to Plymouth meeting. These are all in Norristown.

The only thing is, if you have any child nearing highschool, you'll want to consider a private school. The highschool in Norristown is horrible. You'll have to put aside money for a private highschool--the same can be said for middle school even. The elementary schools are tolerable--as in around where you'd be located(down below), none of these elementary schools are very bad. However, to be on the safe side, I'd still recommend you consider private school, or at least some extra curricular enrichment program like Kumon, to make sure they stay ahead.

Plymouth Gardens - Fayette Street | Plymouth Township, PA Apartments for Rent | Rent.com®

My son is currently at a private school--very diverse school. Curriculum is slightly higher than if he were going to be an average Norristown elementary school. He is preparing to go to kindergarten next year, and he just began an enrichment program that happens after school at a center in East Norriton--to make sure he stays ahead. This is one of the downfalls to living in the area we live in--education isn't it's strong point.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-09-2017 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: removed single house links
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia