Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 10:05 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,764,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
So does this mean they can serve past two, or that they're just literally open to 4am and last call remains around 1:45ish?
It's not clear from the article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 10:37 AM

744 posts, read 776,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
So does this mean they can serve past two, or that they're just literally open to 4am and last call remains around 1:45ish?

I am 90% sure they can serve drinks until 4am. Many other articles about this topic frame the issue as extending last call until 4am. I am surprised that there are so few bars with extensions. The majority seem to be hotel bars.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:56 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,353,738 times
It's serving till 4am from my understanding.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:27 AM

7,529 posts, read 10,263,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
It's serving till 4am from my understanding.
I'm glad to observe that so many are engrossed in the important political ramifications underway at the DNC.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:14 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,535,081 times
I was in the city yesterday. I've never seen so many confused people in my life. I don't know the city that well and had at least four people walk up to me and ask for directions. Volunteers really should have been outside of the Philadelphia Convention center with maps. Every delegate should have gotten a map along with whatever packet they received. I understand the delegates had caucuses there in the morning and then were being bused to the Wells Fargo Center for the convention, but there must have been some missed communication.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:59 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,877,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I was in the city yesterday. I've never seen so many confused people in my life. I don't know the city that well and had at least four people walk up to me and ask for directions. Volunteers really should have been outside of the Philadelphia Convention center with maps. Every delegate should have gotten a map along with whatever packet they received. I understand the delegates had caucuses there in the morning and then were being bused to the Wells Fargo Center for the convention, but there must have been some missed communication.
That could have been done better for sure. But from the other situations I'm reading about, it's like people showed up having done no research or reading about where they were going and how to get there. This isn't Disney World, it's a major busy city during a normal work week. Like the one moron who decided to situate her delegation in Valley Forge, and then complained about traffic into the city. These are the idiots who want to run the country. At least the Republican National Convention wasn't here. I am thankful for that.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:21 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
That could have been done better for sure. But from the other situations I'm reading about, it's like people showed up having done no research or reading about where they were going and how to get there. This isn't Disney World, it's a major busy city during a normal work week. Like the one moron who decided to situate her delegation in Valley Forge, and then complained about traffic into the city. These are the idiots who want to run the country. At least the Republican National Convention wasn't here. I am thankful for that.
I was so annoyed reading that. And then reporters from NYC complaining that they had to walk a lot in 95 degree heat, and they blame Philadelphia, I guess thats our fault for not being able to control the weather. People make it seem like traffic, hectic city streets and summer heat are only found in Philadelphia.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
I'm glad to observe that so many are engrossed in the important political ramifications underway at the DNC.
Come on... We KNOW how important it is.... .and we know MO gave one of best speeches so far, for example. But there's also room for levity.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:46 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,877,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I was so annoyed reading that. And then reporters from NYC complaining that they had to walk a lot in 95 degree heat, and they blame Philadelphia, I guess thats our fault for not being able to control the weather. People make it seem like traffic, hectic city streets and summer heat are only found in Philadelphia.
That's the real hypocrisy. Coming from New York City and complaining about traffic, hot weather and walking.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I helped a bunch of people on Sunday....but I always do that with tourists. There are volunteers outside; I've seen them. Some delegates are using the BSL.

I think some of the confusion, with tourists too, comes from the fact that so many people drive everywhere in their real lives. They're not used to being in an, honest to God, walkable city where people really do walk. Much of the city is a grid making it easy to get around... Or that should make it easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia