Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 12:54 PM

151 posts, read 199,057 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how many unpaid tickets equates to a boot/higher fines/other issues with the PPA? Would say, a ticket or two left unpaid, lead to bigger issues down the road?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Status: "See My Blog Entries for my Top 500 Most Important USA Cities" (set 4 days ago)

1,051 posts, read 975,507 times
It's best to just pay them. I think an unpaid parking ticket is only usually $36 for regular violation, and $101 for handicap parking violation. I think some violations might be $51 for some reawon too. Better to just pay them than avoid towing and impound which is likely a $600 at a bare minimum, to thousands.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:42 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,558,685 times
LOL, ok funny story time.

I am a single gal and a few months back I went down to the PPA agency on Arch street to fight a ticket that I thought I had unfairly gotten down by Penns landing.

Anyhoo a very handsome older business gentlemen (he had on a suit etc) struck up a little conversation asking me for my contact number, if I wanted a new "friend" and giving me tips on what to say to win my case, evidently just telling the truth won't work. Anyhoo when he stood up I notice he's got on an electric monitoring ankle thingey. WTH!!!

I figure if you are trying to pick up a date while wearing court appointed jewelry, I get to ask you why? Evidently he got caught with his hands in the company cookie jar and is waiting for a 2nd trail. He also feels the city doesn't have the authority to charge for parking on public streets so he was there to fight about 1500 bucks in tickets.

Dude, getting a girlfriend is least of your problems.

OP, pay the ticket, call it a day. strange folks hanging around the PPA office

Old 01-07-2019, 01:16 PM

2,555 posts, read 2,677,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
LOL, ok funny story time.

I am a single gal and a few months back I went down to the PPA agency on Arch street to fight a ticket that I thought I had unfairly gotten down by Penns landing.

Anyhoo a very handsome older business gentlemen (he had on a suit etc) struck up a little conversation asking me for my contact number, if I wanted a new "friend" and giving me tips on what to say to win my case, evidently just telling the truth won't work. Anyhoo when he stood up I notice he's got on an electric monitoring ankle thingey. WTH!!!

I figure if you are trying to pick up a date while wearing court appointed jewelry, I get to ask you why? Evidently he got caught with his hands in the company cookie jar and is waiting for a 2nd trail. He also feels the city doesn't have the authority to charge for parking on public streets so he was there to fight about 1500 bucks in tickets.

Dude, getting a girlfriend is least of your problems.

OP, pay the ticket, call it a day. strange folks hanging around the PPA office
Hey, no matter what a person's situation, if one isn't asexual, the attraction for others is still going to be there.
Of course, you don't have to reciprocate either.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:20 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,486,983 times
Just pay, as getting towed is a massive pain and very expensive. It cost me about $500 in unpaid tickets/storage/towing fees, plus about $60 in Ubering back and forth between South Philly and Southwest Philly. The PPA is so incompetent that you have to pay at one location in a completely different section of the city before going to get your car out in a totally different area.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:43 AM

Thanks all. The one ticket is for something deserved (I suppose), and the other one I plan on fighting since it was for an expired inspection - and I've since got the car inspected and have proof. I heard from someone that if you send in proof within 14 days, they'll waive the inspection violation tickets. Not sure if that's true but I'll call them to try anyway.

I am still curious just for general knowledge - how many tickets does it take for a car to be booted/towed? I assume many, but maybe that's a wrong assumption.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:44 PM

1,782 posts, read 1,551,299 times
Your title says parking ticket and you mentioned/insinuated traffic violations below. I believe parking tickets are treated differently from traffic violations.

Before you show your face in court to fight an expired inspection, make sure you know what the law says. The only leeway beyond the law might be if you have mitigating circumstances and the judge is receptive to hearing you out. Otherwise, you're wasting your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytransplant13 View Post
Thanks all. The one ticket is for something deserved (I suppose), and the other one I plan on fighting since it was for an expired inspection - and I've since got the car inspected and have proof. I heard from someone that if you send in proof within 14 days, they'll waive the inspection violation tickets. Not sure if that's true but I'll call them to try anyway.

I am still curious just for general knowledge - how many tickets does it take for a car to be booted/towed? I assume many, but maybe that's a wrong assumption.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ondoner View Post
Your title says parking ticket and you mentioned/insinuated traffic violations below. I believe parking tickets are treated differently from traffic violations.

Before you show your face in court to fight an expired inspection, make sure you know what the law says. The only leeway beyond the law might be if you have mitigating circumstances and the judge is receptive to hearing you out. Otherwise, you're wasting your time.
Well, it was a regular PPA ticket I didn't know I had to be so literal on here. They ticket for many things, but overall, if tickets are associated with a plate I think there's a threshold before getting booted/towed. That's what I've heard, at least.

I called and they will waive the inspection ticket if I send in proof. In case this thread helps someone in the future.

Old 01-15-2019, 07:40 AM

752 posts, read 458,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytransplant13 View Post
The one ticket is for something deserved (I suppose), and the other one I plan on fighting since it was for an expired inspection - and I've since got the car inspected and have proof.
Ummm, sounds like both are deserved. Words to the wise - spend more time not violating the rules/laws and less time trying to figure out how to get out of the punishment.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
Ummm, sounds like both are deserved. Words to the wise - spend more time not violating the rules/laws and less time trying to figure out how to get out of the punishment.
Thanks for your super helpful response oozing with judgment. It's really great that not one person answered my original question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia