Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2022, 09:38 AM

445 posts, read 422,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
What's so 'interesting' about it? I never said I hate Philly. That's all in your head. I still have family and friends in Philly and I lived in Philly longer than you've been alive.
I'm heading over in a few for a grilled reuben at the Dutch Eating Place in the RTM. Is that OK?

You do realize there are all kinds of great mom and pop restaurants over here, right? You should spread your wings. The great thing about having a motorized vehicle is the freedom to move around. Why do you think I should be tied only to Marlton?

BTW, the best pretzels and Italian bread can be found in South Jersey.
We all know who you are, but I never said you hated Philadelphia or that I don't own a car. That's all in your head
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 12:25 PM

979 posts, read 426,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridge12 View Post
We all know who you are, but I never said you hated Philadelphia or that I don't own a car. That's all in your head
Good retort.
Show me where I said you didn't own a car. I stated that *I* own a car, which means I'm not stuck in Marlton.

Last edited by henrychen; 02-11-2022 at 01:00 PM..

Old 02-11-2022, 01:06 PM

1,171 posts, read 607,344 times
Wait, someone from Jersey is throwing shade at acting trashy in public? Hell, that IS the Jersey brand.

Old 02-11-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
Wait, someone from Jersey is throwing shade at acting trashy in public? Hell, that IS the Jersey brand.
You're thinking of North Jersey. Try again.

'Philthadelphia,' 'Killadelphia ...'

Old 02-11-2022, 02:58 PM

1,171 posts, read 607,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
You're thinking of North Jersey. Try again.

'Philthadelphia,' 'Killadelphia ...'
No one outside of Jersey makes that distinction. You might not associate yourself with The Jersey Shore or Teressa Guidice's table flip, but the rest of America does.

Old 02-11-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
No one outside of Jersey makes that distinction. You might not associate yourself with The Jersey Shore or Teressa Guidice's table flip, but the rest of America does.
Yerp. It's very important problem in my life. I'm just happy I can get good pretzels.

Old 02-11-2022, 08:08 PM

Back on topic ... After winning big at Rivers, we headed over to Al-Sham at 3rd and Spring Garden for some Middle Eastern food:
I had the mixed Al-Sham(lamb kebab, chicken kebab and beef kofta over yellow rice with a salad, hummus, garlic sauce and pita bread). Wife had the chicken shawerma. We brought cans of Coke from Jersey, but they have a nice selection of international soft drinks.
Food was excellent, place was clean, staff was friendly and most of the customers looked angry. Recommended, and will return.

Old 02-12-2022, 03:28 PM

9,448 posts, read 9,471,166 times
Speaking of food talk...

Philadelphia restaurant openings: Stephen Starr launches revamped eatery; Smashburger comes to Montco

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=1#cxrecs_s

Not mentioned in the title...

"Old City’s dining scene has largely cleared out during the pandemic, but it just welcomed a newcomer in Frame. The American-fusion restaurant has officially opened at 222 Market St. and boasts a sleek bar serving cocktails like the Midnight Rendezvous made with champagne, raspberry liquor and bitters. An eclectic food menu features options like steak tartare, braised pork belly, berbere-spiced filet mignon, and numerous vegan and gluten-free options."

"The 60-seat venue takes over the space formerly home to Marmont Steakhouse & Bar, and is co-founded by its previous owners as well as the owner of former Philadelphia nightlife venue Denim Lounge."

Old 02-14-2022, 08:36 AM

1,712 posts, read 994,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Speaking of food talk...

Philadelphia restaurant openings: Stephen Starr launches revamped eatery; Smashburger comes to Montco

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=1#cxrecs_s

Not mentioned in the title...

"Old City’s dining scene has largely cleared out during the pandemic, but it just welcomed a newcomer in Frame. The American-fusion restaurant has officially opened at 222 Market St. and boasts a sleek bar serving cocktails like the Midnight Rendezvous made with champagne, raspberry liquor and bitters. An eclectic food menu features options like steak tartare, braised pork belly, berbere-spiced filet mignon, and numerous vegan and gluten-free options."

"The 60-seat venue takes over the space formerly home to Marmont Steakhouse & Bar, and is co-founded by its previous owners as well as the owner of former Philadelphia nightlife venue Denim Lounge."
Marmot was pretty bad. So this is a bit better. Kinda like an upscale Blue Martini.

Seems like Old City is going back to it's lounge roots. I wonder if this will make it onto the Bar Crawl roster.

They're right about the Old City bar and restaurant scene - it's been gutted.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Marmot was pretty bad. So this is a bit better. Kinda like an upscale Blue Martini.

Seems like Old City is going back to it's lounge roots. I wonder if this will make it onto the Bar Crawl roster.

They're right about the Old City bar and restaurant scene - it's been gutted.
Can I still get a po boy @Khyber Pass??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia