Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 03:45 PM

14,365 posts, read 9,267,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoylinahernandez View Post
Wow. I’m actually a Hispanic & Black student. Thank you to the person who suggested Paddywhack’s. I will definitely give there a try. I have actually decided that Philadelphia is just a place that I will visit and not live. It’s not for me. With people like some of these commenters, who needs enemies?
Actually, if you all bothered to parse her handle, you would have learned that:

It's "I am Lina Hernandez" in Spanish.

Way to make a good first impression on a would-be resident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2022, 05:53 PM

463 posts, read 209,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

Lol. The ones who see themselves as the righteous crowd in this forum did a nice job of chasing someone away, blaming fat racists. And they probably did so because they felt no one would actually be looking for Rider Culture. Isn't that racist?

Pennsport always does a nice job of demonstrating his ignorance while angrily blaming others for their own ignorance.

Old 06-12-2022, 08:56 PM

7 posts, read 5,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

That is exactly correct. If I do post on any other Philadelphia threads, I will be posting simply as a visitor

Old 06-13-2022, 10:25 AM

1,533 posts, read 1,200,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoylinahernandez View Post
That is exactly correct. If I do post on any other Philadelphia threads, I will be posting simply as a visitor
OP, just so you know where that stuff was coming from. Although I in no way, shape, or form condone the behavior, I want to let you know that the timing of your post so recently after a shooting on said street was what led to the response you got. It just seemed a bit too perfectly timed.

If you are sincerely looking to move to Philly, give us a shot. It's a pretty great place, notwithstanding its current difficulties, which you could similarly say about any major U.S. city.

Old 06-14-2022, 01:57 PM

1,417 posts, read 947,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
OP, just so you know where that stuff was coming from. Although I in no way, shape, or form condone the behavior, I want to let you know that the timing of your post so recently after a shooting on said street was what led to the response you got. It just seemed a bit too perfectly timed.

If you are sincerely looking to move to Philly, give us a shot. It's a pretty great place, notwithstanding its current difficulties, which you could similarly say about any major U.S. city.
Not just the timing, but the mention of the "rider community" or whatever. The ATVs, dirt bikes, etc. are a blight on the city and a serious hazard for their reckless disregard for anyone else out at the time. They are all over the city, though, not limited to South St.

Old 06-14-2022, 02:02 PM

757 posts, read 469,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post
Not just the timing, but the mention of the "rider community" or whatever. The ATVs, dirt bikes, etc. are a blight on the city and a serious hazard for their reckless disregard for anyone else out at the time. They are all over the city, though, not limited to South St.
That was an odd thing to add and in my view so odd that the average poster can't help but think that the poster is a troll (not saying they are in this case but very forgivable for whoever thought that.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: