Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2022, 07:08 AM

476 posts, read 279,401 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2022, 07:15 AM

Tried to post this picture I took last night: https://imgur.com/gallery/iSdm3Ej

Last edited by JamesJay64; 08-15-2022 at 07:37 AM..

Old 08-15-2022, 07:20 AM

429 posts, read 722,813 times
Sunday WAS a beautiful day, wasn't it! Nice picture.

Old 08-15-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie Beanie View Post
Sunday WAS a beautiful day, wasn't it! Nice picture.
Thank you! Yes, it was a lovely weekend

Old 08-15-2022, 07:38 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,472,310 times
Nice shot! Must be Bok Bar. I love that spot. I gotta get there this year before it gets too chilly, but we've still got a couple months till then.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:14 AM

7,745 posts, read 5,559,109 times
Love the Bok Bar view. Irwin's, the Italian restaurant on the other side, is always very good imo.

A couple related notes:
1. Kenney is an idiot for not requiring people to do alternate side-parking for the street cleaning around there. The blocks around the Bok need some tiding up still.

2. I think as time goes on, it's clear people have really come to appreciate the view from there. But really the whole building has become a success as an artist/small biz incubator. It makes me wish some other taller, large buildings, like the old mt. sinani in South Philly, had been saved.

3. Probably one of the more fascinating things about that immediate neighborhood is how Mexican it has become. Philly doesn't have a ton of Mexican residents, nor much of a history of a Mexican presence, but there 100% is around there now with a number of restaurants, corner stores, food trucks, etc.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:50 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,472,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Love the Bok Bar view. Irwin's, the Italian restaurant on the other side, is always very good imo.

A couple related notes:
1. Kenney is an idiot for not requiring people to do alternate side-parking for the street cleaning around there. The blocks around the Bok need some tiding up still.

2. I think as time goes on, it's clear people have really come to appreciate the view from there. But really the whole building has become a success as an artist/small biz incubator. It makes me wish some other taller, large buildings, like the old mt. sinani in South Philly, had been saved.

3. Probably one of the more fascinating things about that immediate neighborhood is how Mexican it has become. Philly doesn't have a ton of Mexican residents, nor much of a history of a Mexican presence, but there 100% is around there now with a number of restaurants, corner stores, food trucks, etc.
Yeah when are we getting street cleaning?! They'll always find a reason to put it off.

Agree with the rest, too. Anyone who comes to see Philly for more than a day ought to do a day in South Philadelphia. Heading south:

1. Start out at the Philadelphia's Magic Gardens in the morning.

2. Get lunch at South Philly Barbacoa. An absolute must-do. It's a must-do for me who has not been in what, two months!?

3. Hit up the Mummers Museum to get the history of the uniquely-Philadelphian NYD parade. And/or, surprisngly related, hit up the Gloria Dei Old Swedes Episcopal Church to learn about the surprising history of Philadelphia's early Nordic settlers. The Nordic settlers influenced the beginnings of our time-tested NYD tradition.

4. End the day with the sunset at Bok Bar.

South Philly is the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia