Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2023, 07:32 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,264,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Yea, identity crisis, can't escape Trump, focused on weird agendas like abortion and book bans, and sadly the few solid Republican candidates out there get pushed to the side for the nonsense that has taken over the party. But, the Democrats!

Funny to see the trolling in this tread, especially toward Philadelphia (but what else is new). Are hardcore conservatives ever happy?

How is Josh Shapiro ruining the state and country?

supports people like Larry Krasner.

And corrupt assistant DA's

Old 11-08-2023, 07:50 AM

475 posts, read 277,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
year round school doesn't work.

Get rid of the police.
While I don't think it will ever happen here anyway, there are a lot of advantages to year round schooling.

And part of Parker's platform is to increase funding for police recruitment.

Old 11-08-2023, 08:34 AM

1,705 posts, read 981,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
At least I can admit both parties stink. Can you?

The Dims are the scarier of the two and the party that dragged down Philadelphia. That's all that matters to me as a resident.
I can admit that the extreme reaches of both parties are equally $hit.

Old 11-08-2023, 08:39 AM

2,045 posts, read 797,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
There's a lot more in the D party ... their acceptance of anti-semitism is scary.

Old 11-08-2023, 08:40 AM

Quote:
yeah left wing progressives really do a fine job in places like Detroit, Philly and New York.

Plonk!
I don't remember pushing for an extreme progressive ever.

And Cherelle is anything but. I think, contrary to the current environment, that saying you're a Dem or a Repub doesn't automatically mean you are an extreme progressive or a member of the freedom caucus.

That's literally what's wrong with this country right now.

Old 11-08-2023, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
There's a lot more in the D party ... their acceptance of anti-semitism is scary.
That's an extreme take and one that is not pervasive throughout the democratic party.

Old 11-08-2023, 08:56 AM

Quote:
year round school doesn't work.

Get rid of the police.
Man am I sick of this BS "defund the police" thing. No serious person ever suggested that the police be defunded. And no police budget in Philadelphia has done anything but grow from year to year.

Enough with that. It never happened from anyone with a brain.

Old 11-08-2023, 09:30 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,264,566 times
You're kidding me right???????
Do you live under a rock???

Quote:
Man am I sick of this BS "defund the police" thing. No serious person ever suggested that the police be defunded. And no police budget in Philadelphia has done anything but grow from year to year.

Enough with that. It never happened from anyone with a brain.

Old 11-08-2023, 10:18 AM

9,408 posts, read 9,393,669 times
Quote:
As of late, the national extremes of the Republican party are more in-your-face and have veered the party more off-track than the Democrats (which too has issues). And it seems (at least for now), there is pushback against those extremes. For example, democrats overwhelmingly won the highly contested Central Bucks and Perkiomen Valley School Board Races. The extremist views on books bans, bizarre anti-trans legislation, religion in the classrooms, and odd teaching criteria is not resonating with people, and as a result common sense prevailed.

The Republican party (at-large) needs to move past Trump, stop ostracizing segments of the population, give up the extremist agenda and get back to the basics.

Last edited by cpomp; 11-08-2023 at 10:35 AM..

Old 11-08-2023, 08:17 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,177,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
As of late, the national extremes of the Republican party are more in-your-face and have veered the party more off-track than the Democrats (which too has issues). And it seems (at least for now), there is pushback against those extremes. For example, democrats overwhelmingly won the highly contested Central Bucks and Perkiomen Valley School Board Races. The extremist views on books bans, bizarre anti-trans legislation, religion in the classrooms, and odd teaching criteria is not resonating with people, and as a result common sense prevailed.

The Republican party (at-large) needs to move past Trump, stop ostracizing segments of the population, give up the extremist agenda and get back to the basics.
"All politics is local":

I voted for the two Republican candidates for the at-large Council seats because I fear the Working Families Party will screw up both development and rental housing in this city.

Besides, neither Republican was a MAGAnaut: Both were centrist, and one of the two was a Democrat who switched parties because he felt the Democrats had become insufficiently appreciative of capitalism. The Inky'e profile of him began by noting that his progressive friends were calling him a DINO, and now he would probably be considered a RINO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia