Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2023, 07:37 PM

1,026 posts, read 448,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
You missed my point.

An elected official urged a crowd of people to "fight like hell, or you won't have a country anymore" on Jan. 6, 2023, the day the electoral votes were being counted in Congress. (Said official also said he would join the crowd in marching to the Capitol. Of course, he didn't, because he didn't want to be anywhere near what actually transpired.)

I have no record of any mayor urging citizens to do anything like that in the aftermath of George Floyd's killing. Hermit12's post implied that Democratic mayors were fanning the flames. AFAICT, they were not.

This article in a conservative NeverTrumper publication actually says it wasn't Democrats at all who were fanning the flames, but rather various white fringe activists looking to make Black Lives Matter take the fall:

It's a Set Up | The Bulwark (2 June 2020)
The Bulwark article is dated 6/2/2020, 3 days after the Floyd ''spontanious peoples' uprising'' began when ''white dudes'' were walking around shattering windows etc....which pretty much was the case from 5/30/20-11/7/20, especially when ground zero for BLM protests turned to lily white Portland OR.

The whole ''white infiltrators'' story lasted until about 6/3/20.

Was it black infiltrators trying to blame white supremacists for the short-lived Asian Hate Crime wave that, according to the media, was engulfing the country just after Biden took office? The residue of the deep racial divisions created by Trump...when all it turned out to be was the media focusing on what the Asian community deals with from the black community on pretty much a daily basis.

Even here in Philly, there was an attempt to create white supremacy attacks on Asians...until like everywhere else around the country, it was black folks attacking Asians....guess they couldn't blame that on white supremacists after all...the whole thing was over in a couple weeks....all contrived and driven by the media.

The Floyd manipulation lasted for months; the Asian Hate Crime wave lasted 2 weeks.

No doubt though that white activists were the drivers of the BLM/Antifa nonsense; BLM leadership passed their collective hats around to the tune of $90million in 2020 and struck Netflix deals etc....the white progressives did the street protests against the cops; the black folks looted and care if it was about Floyd or an NBA Champsionship win.

Don't you have to secure a permit to have demonstrations, marches, etc on city streets? What happened to all that during summer 2020? Why were crowds allowed to gather for these demonstrations etc during the Wuhan Flu pandemic?

All public demonstrations should have been banned after the initial violence and because of the Wuhan Flu pandemic. For some reason Kenney allowed all that crap to go on until Biden ''won'' the white house. It was all over that day.

Except for the fallout in the black community: 5/30/20-5/30/23: 1,600 homicides in Philly.

Old 05-31-2023, 07:47 PM

1,026 posts, read 448,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
You implied that I meant 'fanning the flames.' My point was that the Democratic mayors did nothing to stop the looting and rioting. Remember Trump offering help that was turned down?

Remember the police being told to 'stand down'? I especially remember it here as Target and Walmart got totally looted.

And the 1\6 attempted government takeover? LOL ... you mean the one where the crowd didn't have weapons?
What kind of 'takeover' is that?
Yes, that unarmed insurrection takeover and destruction of our Democracy that somehow slipped through the security cracks leaving the Capitol police short staffed that day....lol.

Fortunately, Nancy Pelosi's daughter happened to be there for a documentary...lol...filming her mom in action against the facist forces out to bring down and replace our government...and catching Pelosi's excitement cuz she was waiting for Trump to trespass against the Capitol....that's an American insurrection today?

Takeover? This was an insurrection to bring down our government and replace it with a fascist (Trump)..lol. A spin on Hitler's Reichstag fire in 1933 lol...these people are obsessed with Nazis even though it's 2023.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:31 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,177,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
I was only responding to a post that stated black folks own being marginalized, put down, or thought to be unintelligent by their accent or drawl.
I think I know the post you were responding to (#505) but it wasn't making that point at all.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:32 PM

Quote:
The Bulwark article is dated 6/2/2020, 3 days after the Floyd ''spontanious peoples' uprising'' began when ''white dudes'' were walking around shattering windows etc....which pretty much was the case from 5/30/20-11/7/20, especially when ground zero for BLM protests turned to lily white Portland OR.

The whole ''white infiltrators'' story lasted until about 6/3/20.

Was it black infiltrators trying to blame white supremacists for the short-lived Asian Hate Crime wave that, according to the media, was engulfing the country just after Biden took office? The residue of the deep racial divisions created by Trump...when all it turned out to be was the media focusing on what the Asian community deals with from the black community on pretty much a daily basis.

Even here in Philly, there was an attempt to create white supremacy attacks on Asians...until like everywhere else around the country, it was black folks attacking Asians....guess they couldn't blame that on white supremacists after all...the whole thing was over in a couple weeks....all contrived and driven by the media.

The Floyd manipulation lasted for months; the Asian Hate Crime wave lasted 2 weeks.

No doubt though that white activists were the drivers of the BLM/Antifa nonsense; BLM leadership passed their collective hats around to the tune of $90million in 2020 and struck Netflix deals etc....the white progressives did the street protests against the cops; the black folks looted and care if it was about Floyd or an NBA Champsionship win.

Don't you have to secure a permit to have demonstrations, marches, etc on city streets? What happened to all that during summer 2020? Why were crowds allowed to gather for these demonstrations etc during the Wuhan Flu pandemic?

All public demonstrations should have been banned after the initial violence and because of the Wuhan Flu pandemic. For some reason Kenney allowed all that crap to go on until Biden ''won'' the white house. It was all over that day.

Except for the fallout in the black community: 5/30/20-5/30/23: 1,600 homicides in Philly.
You're deflecting from MSE's point.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Yes, that unarmed insurrection takeover and destruction of our Democracy that somehow slipped through the security cracks leaving the Capitol police short staffed that day....lol.

Fortunately, Nancy Pelosi's daughter happened to be there for a documentary...lol...filming her mom in action against the facist forces out to bring down and replace our government...and catching Pelosi's excitement cuz she was waiting for Trump to trespass against the Capitol....that's an American insurrection today?

Takeover? This was an insurrection to bring down our government and replace it with a fascist (Trump)..lol. A spin on Hitler's Reichstag fire in 1933 lol...these people are obsessed with Nazis even though it's 2023.
I can only assume you haven't taken the time to watch said HBO doc let alone the related House Select Committee hearings. Hopefully you haven't relied on takes from the likes of the recently fired Fox News employee.

Old 05-31-2023, 09:19 PM

14,191 posts, read 9,089,745 times
Quote:
You implied that I meant 'fanning the flames.' My point was that the Democratic mayors did nothing to stop the looting and rioting. Remember Trump offering help that was turned down?

Remember the police being told to 'stand down'? I especially remember it here as Target and Walmart got totally looted.

And the 1\6 attempted government takeover? LOL ... you mean the one where the crowd didn't have weapons?
What kind of 'takeover' is that?
Maybe not guns, but bear spray, barricades, crutches, zip ties, and a bunch of fists and bodies were weapons enough. You've seen the videos.

And the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys were planning worse.

And no, I don't remember Trump offering help that was turned down on George Floyd Weekend. All that would have been at the state level, since no move was made to federalize the National Guard in any state. I myself wondered why the Guard appeared after the looting took place. But the blame for that lies at the feet of Gov. Wolf.

Old 05-31-2023, 09:28 PM

2,045 posts, read 787,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Maybe not guns, but bear spray, barricades, crutches, zip ties, and a bunch of fists and bodies were weapons enough. You've seen the videos.

And the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys were planning worse.

And no, I don't remember Trump offering help that was turned down on George Floyd Weekend. All that would have been at the state level, since no move was made to federalize the National Guard in any state. I myself wondered why the Guard appeared after the looting took place. But the blame for that lies at the feet of Gov. Wolf.
You're entitled to your skewed views. No sense in further trying to convince you otherwise, it'll go 'round and 'round.

Old 05-31-2023, 09:29 PM

2,045 posts, read 787,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingZen View Post
I can only assume you haven't taken the time to watch said HBO doc let alone the related House Select Committee hearings. Hopefully you haven't relied on takes from the likes of the recently fired Fox News employee.
Yeah, because your sources are the only ones being honest.

Old 06-01-2023, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Yeah, because your sources are the only ones being honest.
Oh, I'd say that the committee Liz Cheney co-chaired is more honest than half the sources you're probably getting your information from, if not all of them.

Old 06-01-2023, 05:18 AM

Quote:
You're entitled to your skewed views. No sense in further trying to convince you otherwise, it'll go 'round and 'round.
Post your sources. The videos were widely circulated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia