Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 07:22 AM

11 posts, read 45,371 times

Advertisements

My husband just got a job in wyndmoor, pa. We are looking for a "safe" town in the area to purchase a house. Budget is between 400,000 to 500,000. We dont want to live right in the city of Philadelphia, but right outside of it. Can anyone tell me a little bit about the wyndmoor area and other nearby towns to help us in our housing search? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 10:46 AM

160 posts, read 802,470 times
wyndmoor is probably exactly what you're looking for. The school district in Springfield township and is much smaller than many of the neighboring public schools(cheltenham,abington). Wyndmoor is literally on the border of Chestnut Hill, a great area of Philly that you can go to a few restaurants and get some coffee. 400k will get you something very nice in the area. Check out Flourtown and Erdenheim as well. Parts of Oreland you may also like. These are all Springfield township and 10min tops to wyndmoor. I think you don't really need to consider too many other places because you're probably going to LOVE the area and the community and it's proximity to shops and restaurants and major highways as well as center city philly. Wyndmoor is probably the best suburb for all of that

Old 12-10-2008, 11:21 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,712,733 times
Ditto what ajb842 said.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:12 PM

344 posts, read 841,643 times
and again
wyndmoor is wassup
totally unsuspecting. you wouldnt even know you were right outside of philly. super quiet, yet not a senior community. your price range is dead on for there.
good luck and thumbs up!!!!
you wont find a better community anywhere near there that would suit you better
has a downtown that you would miss if you blinked, but thats GOOD! this will keep it the way you want it!!! it will never turn into south street nor any other place with shiftless lurkers
awesome little family park!!!
well manicured and clean!!
its totally THAT safe trick or treating area
one of the best 3 school districts around here
i could go on and on

Old 12-14-2008, 08:57 PM

12 posts, read 50,612 times
We lived in Wyndmoor for a few years, moved out of state and just moved back. If I could have my Wyndmoor house back, I would be so happy. It is such a great place not just for its proximity to Philly but also the town itself. Because it's an inner ring suburb, most houses tend to be older but there is limited new construction. class room size is small and they are making improvements to Erdenheim - one of the 2 elementary schools - and the middle school. on willow grove avenue, you can walk to the neighborhood hardware store and 7-11. Springfield also has a Memorial day parade with a community celebration afterwards. Good luck to you and welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 12-25-2008, 03:49 PM

11 posts, read 45,371 times
Thanks everyone. HOw is the Horhsam / Hatsboro area? The company is actually moving there so we will be looking near that area now. Are there malls nearby? How is the Willow Grove Mall to go to. Some of the posts say this is a bad area, any comments?
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia