Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 06:29 AM

58 posts, read 281,990 times

Advertisements

I met my girlfriend online about 2 months ago. She goes to Upenn and I work in TN.We have been talking over the phone everyone during this 2 months. Yesterday. I finally booked my flight ticket to Philly next Saturday.

As I will only be staying for two days, I would like to make my stay as unforgettable as possible. I am thinking of taking her to a candle light dinner. I have about 100$ budget for 2 people. Could anyone suggest a good place?Ambience, food quality are important.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 07:03 AM

418 posts, read 1,348,729 times
We have many great restaurants in Philly.
What kind of food?
Where will you be staying?
This will help in making suggestions that will work.
No sense sending a vegetarian to a steak house or sending you out of your way.
Also .. if you plan to be here for Valentine's weekend .. all restaurants will be busy the entire three nights.
It is a great financial boost for restaurants and those who baby sit.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:05 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond5 View Post
I met my girlfriend online about 2 months ago. She goes to Upenn and I work in TN.We have been talking over the phone everyone during this 2 months. Yesterday. I finally booked my flight ticket to Philly next Saturday.

As I will only be staying for two days, I would like to make my stay as unforgettable as possible. I am thinking of taking her to a candle light dinner. I have about 100$ budget for 2 people. Could anyone suggest a good place?Ambience, food quality are important.
Choose a BYOB. You can purchase your own good inexpensive bottle of wine and have a great meal without cutting corners. These are some nice quieter, romantic options with good food and ambiance listed below:

Salt & Pepper » Reviews (http://www.saltandpepperphilly.com/reviews/ - broken link)
Cochon BYOB
http://chloebyob.com/menu.html
Langostini Restaurant Italian BYOB - Home

Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 AM

360 posts, read 992,709 times
I agree that a BYOB would be a good choice, and I especially like Chloe. If you choose Chloe, be forewarned that they do not take reservations and payment is by cash only.

If you prefer not to go to a BYOB, XIX Hyatt: XiX
is very elegant with great views. It might push your budget a bit, but is quite beautiful and romantic.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:48 PM

7 posts, read 40,673 times
Either Rouge or Parc in Rittenhouse Square are great date spots. Keep the booze to one or two drinks and you'll fit in at around $100

Old 01-24-2010, 04:34 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,585,480 times
Matyson would also be a good choice.

Matyson Restaurant, continental fine dining, BYO eatery in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: