Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 09:18 PM

174 posts, read 190,571 times

Advertisements

I've decided to ban restaurants that only hire young, attractive female servers and put them in skimpy outfits. If restaurant owners choose to cater expressly to men's sexual desire during their hiring process, not only are they seeking to profit off womens' objectification, but female customers' comfort levels are not respected. When it's more reminiscent of a brothel than somewhere to have a quality meal, I'd rather cook my own food than support that nonsense. I urge others to do the same!

Here is an article that illustrates just how far these restaurants go to hire such women... 'Uglies' need not apply | Life | Toronto Sun

Here in Canada, at Earl's, Cactus Club, and Moxie's, I have not once seen a male server, and women are always dressed in skanky outfits. Those places are now on my blacklist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 09:54 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,361,172 times
<<Captain Obvious mode>>

Some women (Lesbians etc) also appreciate the "young attractive female servers in skanky outfits" and some men do not find it appealing at all. Just saying.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:56 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,410,209 times
Lol...never met a lesbian who actually goes to those places.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:56 PM

32,953 posts, read 36,412,347 times
You can get some really, really good tips for cleavage and skin. I've known quite a few young women in college, as well as young single moms, who paid their rent or bought Pampers with those tips. Do I like it? No. Would I want my kid to do that? No. I don't choose to go to those places, but sometimes it happens.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:09 AM

38 posts, read 155,271 times
Is this seriously a real problem for you?

Old 05-15-2015, 12:17 AM

174 posts, read 190,571 times
@atenant89 Do you actually ever question whether societal norms are truly acceptable?

Old 05-15-2015, 04:16 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,221,439 times
I suppose, in restaurants, men will do most of the check pickups and tip leaving but....
Relative to this forum, it baffles me why the prevalent philosophy behind a great deal of advertising leans toward men's attraction to sexy women.
One would think that females do not shop and spend money when the facts are the opposite.

"In addition to handling the bulk of the purchasing decisions for consumer goods in the U.S., they’re also likely to influence or manage many other big ticket purchases—homes, autos, appliances, furniture, etc.—not to mention a large portion of the apparel, groceries and everyday purchases"
U.S. Women Control the Purse Strings

Old 05-15-2015, 05:55 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,324,230 times
The CEO for Cinabons worked as waitress at Hooters restaurant. She said that it was a better education working at Hooters then the education she had because of her college degrees. She said that she owes all off her success to her job at Hooters.

Personally, I have always been envious of women that weren't afraid of their sexuality and have mastered the art. These woman do very well in their life and they learned some of this working for these types of restaurants.

BTW it's obvious that the OP has never been to a brothel, if she thinks that there's any resemblance to one of these restaurants.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:26 AM

781 posts, read 737,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
<<Captain Obvious mode>>

Some women (Lesbians etc) also appreciate the "young attractive female servers in skanky outfits" and some men do not find it appealing at all. Just saying.
Yeah really, the OP is h*m*phobic to want to ban these restaurants.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:32 AM

781 posts, read 737,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minougirl View Post
@atenant89 Do you actually ever question whether societal norms are truly acceptable?
Meh, humans are just primates. Primates are tribal and these "tribes" will always have arbitrary "norms". And conformity will be enforced by the tribe. Always has been this way, always will be, there's nothing you can do about it. Even if one arbitrary irrational standard is stopped, the tribe will just embrace some other arbitrary irrational standard to make people conform to. Six of one, half a dozen of the other....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy