Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 03:40 PM

174 posts, read 190,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
op sounds like a girl who couldn't get hired into one of these places...boo hoo
What an inane, thoughtless comment.
I wouldn't have the slightest interest at a place like that, men ogling my body all the while their girlfriends and wives by their side. I imagine it would be uncomfortable. I would be unhappy in any work that cheapens me, reducing my worth as a human being to my sexual appeal. I actually have past experience as a camgirl, and it had dire consequences on the way that I identified myself, the way I viewed men in general, and upon my ability to enjoy sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 04:01 PM

294 posts, read 372,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minougirl View Post
What an inane, thoughtless comment.
I wouldn't have the slightest interest at a place like that, men ogling my body all the while their girlfriends and wives by their side. I imagine it would be uncomfortable. I would be unhappy in any work that cheapens me, reducing my worth as a human being to my sexual appeal. I actually have past experience as a camgirl, and it had dire consequences on the way that I identified myself, the way I viewed men in general, and upon my ability to enjoy sex.
Do you think that if you had never been a camgirl, you'd feel the same way on this topic?

Old 05-15-2015, 04:10 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,172,563 times
Quote:
I've decided to ban restaurants that only hire young, attractive female servers and put them in skimpy outfits. If restaurant owners choose to cater expressly to men's sexual desire during their hiring process, not only are they seeking to profit off womens' objectification, but female customers' comfort levels are not respected.
OP: Are you equally offended by Tallywackers?
HOME

Old 05-15-2015, 04:11 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,905,150 times
Quote:
...I actually have past experience as a camgirl, and it had dire consequences on the way that I identified myself, the way I viewed men in general, and upon my ability to enjoy sex.
Then maybe you do need to stay away from those types of restaurants.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:15 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,341,075 times
When you say "ban restaurants," I assume you mean "boycott." I don't think you'd get very far with any bill to ban them. If you want to boycott ANY firm that you believe objectifies females, I have no problem with that; I generally do it myself.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:19 PM

17,221 posts, read 57,161,817 times
Quote:
Well then, I must be more evolved, because I have never understood cliques, school dances (just a mating ritual), peoples' aggression over a ball game, and so forth. People are primates and we've evolved from apes, but we are equipped with mental acuity, or at least the capacity to possess it. We are enabled to recognize primal instincts and reject them in favour of a more sophisticated, gentle, and self-aware manner.
You are giving me a great idea for a new character for South Park, sort of a female foil to Terence and Philip, or a Canadian version of Wendy Testaburger...

Old 05-15-2015, 04:50 PM

335 posts, read 325,847 times
I guess the OP should just become a hermit. I see women in bars, stores, walking around town, all looking good and dressed sexy. And not being paid for it....imagine that. On top of that, my wife will point out a real looker if by chance I miss her. It's amazing what being secure with yourself and your relationship will do. Eye candy is just a simple pleasure of life, and yes for both sexes. This far out weighs the lardo's who squeeze 250 lbs. in a size 7 spandex with a belly shirt.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:03 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,881,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol...never met a lesbian who actually goes to those places.

Oh, I have !! I worked with a pretty , young lady who would go to Hooters occasionally, and she hardly ever went home alone. Her roommate, who also worked with us, would tell us stories about their little adventures.

Don

Old 05-15-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
When you say "ban restaurants," I assume you mean "boycott." I don't think you'd get very far with any bill to ban them. If you want to boycott ANY firm that you believe objectifies females, I have no problem with that; I generally do it myself.
Oops, thanks for correcting me

Old 05-15-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
Is anyone here supposed to care? Or did you just want to visit the internet to complain about something that essentially nobody cares about under the false assumption that someone would sympathize with your incessant rambling?

I don't believe in god, jesus, or any of that crap, so I don't go to church. Guess how many complete strangers I've decided to share that with on a website?
Why are you even on this forum? You must enjoy "incessant rambling" yourself. Further, why did you even click on my thread? I will assume feel better about yourself. Pat yourself on the back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy