Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:37 AM

29 posts, read 61,425 times

Advertisements

Thx crystalys!

I guess the newer condos are north. It seems nearly impossible to find anything new in the south. South Scottsdale is the perfect location IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 03:35 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,031,645 times
You're welcome Kankan!

Is there a specific reason that the unit must be newer than the year 2000? Is it because you think it may need more repair/renovation due to age? There are most likely older units in South Scottsdale that have already been rehabbed/renovated and are in like new condition. Would those be possibilities? Also I want to point out that there are single family homes and townhouses that are one level that are most likely available in the under $200k price range as well. Is there also a specific reason that only condos are being considered?

Also, one final question. Is your friend working with an agent? That person should be answering all these questions for her and representing her best interests in the transaction. If she does not have a buyer's agent and she is thinking about using the "listing agent" then keep in mind that that agent works for the seller and only has an obligation to treat a buyer fairly but will still steer the deal in the seller's favor.

Last edited by crystalys; 06-23-2010 at 03:44 PM..

Old 06-23-2010, 10:11 PM

29 posts, read 61,425 times
Great info crystalys and yes, she is working with an agent who is very helpful. I thought I would help her out and get some second opinions on this forum. I have been tagging along with her because I am considering buying some property as well, but not any time soon so I am educating myself for when I do decide to buy again.

I think she wants something above the year 2000 for the reasons you mentioned. Townhouses and houses are not out of the question, but she already owns two houses. She said she just doesn't want to deal with the yard and it gets kind of isolating living in a house since she is single.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:46 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,031,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankan88 View Post
Great info crystalys and yes, she is working with an agent who is very helpful. I thought I would help her out and get some second opinions on this forum. I have been tagging along with her because I am considering buying some property as well, but not any time soon so I am educating myself for when I do decide to buy again.

I think she wants something above the year 2000 for the reasons you mentioned. Townhouses and houses are not out of the question, but she already owns two houses. She said she just doesn't want to deal with the yard and it gets kind of isolating living in a house since she is single.
Well, its refreshing to see a future homeowner educating themselves before beginning the buying process. Too many first timers cause themselves too much unnecessary stress even when they have a great agent because they don't do any research for themselves. An agent is a great thing to have but you still have to do your own homework to have a complete understanding before making what is usually the biggest purchase of your life. Good luck to your friend in her search and to you in your future homeownership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area