Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 PM

523 posts, read 940,752 times

Advertisements

jimj,

I am worried about the capital levels of banks as the number of foreclosures continues to remain high, but sales have slowed down since the expiration of the tax credit. Without the massive government intervention in the market, the artificial propping of the market has really unwound.

The focus really needs to hone in on job creation. Of course, not public sector job creation, but private sector. It is really the biggest component of a cure for our situation.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:11 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,612,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnicAZ View Post
jimj,

I am worried about the capital levels of banks as the number of foreclosures continues to remain high, but sales have slowed down since the expiration of the tax credit. Without the massive government intervention in the market, the artificial propping of the market has really unwound.

The focus really needs to hone in on job creation. Of course, not public sector job creation, but private sector. It is really the biggest component of a cure for our situation.
If you repeat yourself often enough, does it help make it come true? Is that your strategy for more job growth?

Old 09-17-2010, 09:11 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,785,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
If you repeat yourself often enough, does it help make it come true? Is that your strategy for more job growth?
Maybe I missed something, but why are the posters so rude at Enica? He/she seems to be sincere but again, maybe I just missed something.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:26 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,612,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Maybe I missed something, but why are the posters so rude at Enica? He/she seems to be sincere but again, maybe I just missed something.
Your right, my apologies for the sarcastic remark. It just seems EnicAZ is on a one track theme providing no additional contribution to the discussion other than home values are declining and we need more jobs. I think we got the message.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:39 AM

9,870 posts, read 11,263,473 times
I'm also suspicious that EnicAZ isn't really an agent or in the RE biz. I'm not alone. Find me a RE office that says "don't buy from us for 6-9 months". Personally, I'm not buying it.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:42 AM

39,147 posts, read 51,432,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I'm also suspicious that EnicAZ isn't really an agent or in the RE biz. I'm not alone. Find me a RE office that says "don't buy from us for 6-9 months". Personally, I'm not buying it.
Ya think?

Old 09-17-2010, 09:52 AM

9,870 posts, read 11,263,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Ya think?

People asked so I "had" to explain. I'll go one step farther. It's EnicAZ's lucky day. He/She just needs to P.M. me and I 100% guarantee that I will buy a house from him/her.

I'm looking at homes in the $200K-$230K range. At 3% (split commissions), that's $6K. BUt you know, it wouldn't be ethical to email me for $6K. It's against the rules. The offer is good though 3PM. So drop me a p.m. EnicAZ. I'd love to buy a home from such an ethical agent.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:26 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,785,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
Your right, my apologies for the sarcastic remark. It just seems EnicAZ is on a one track theme providing no additional contribution to the discussion other than home values are declining and we need more jobs. I think we got the message.
Ok. Not being rude to you, but I missed something in the posts I guess. Going back to sleep now thank you very much.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:56 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,660,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
People asked so I "had" to explain. I'll go one step farther. It's EnicAZ's lucky day. He/She just needs to P.M. me and I 100% guarantee that I will buy a house from him/her.

I'm looking at homes in the $200K-$230K range. At 3% (split commissions), that's $6K. BUt you know, it wouldn't be ethical to email me for $6K. It's against the rules. The offer is good though 3PM. So drop me a p.m. EnicAZ. I'd love to buy a home from such an ethical agent.

I'll go one further. Sell my house here in Oregon and I'll throw in an extra 2K spiff to him as the selling agent and I'll buy a home from him in cash in the east valley withing 60 days regardless of what he thinks the market is going to do.....
I don't much care if the value of my new home goes down. I'm buying a home for a place to LIVE, not as an investment. Some people know exactly what they are getting into.....
I don't buy a car as an investment either.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:29 AM

2,723 posts, read 4,777,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
I'll go one further. Sell my house here in Oregon and I'll throw in an extra 2K spiff to him as the selling agent and I'll buy a home from him in cash in the east valley withing 60 days regardless of what he thinks the market is going to do.....
I don't much care if the value of my new home goes down. I'm buying a home for a place to LIVE, not as an investment. Some people know exactly what they are getting into.....
I don't buy a car as an investment either.
If prices continue to decline would it not make sense to wait and pay less for a home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area