Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2010, 08:15 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,302,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
Is he a Lawyer?
Yep

Old 10-12-2010, 10:29 AM

9,827 posts, read 11,237,795 times
Quote:
Is he a Lawyer?

Stick it to the Lenders who Foreclosed on them in the first place!

The one problem in all of this is the STUPID government bought the (junk) mortgage backed securities. Many of the notes that are getting foreclosed on are now owned by all of us. It's why the lenders are not rational. They are simply hired to take care of all of this mess that they created. So when the politicians say "stop the foreclosures" they will. After all, they don't own most of them anymore even if you write out a check to Wells Fargo or BofA.

Were is the outrage?? Heads need to roll. Literally. All of these thieves need to be brought to justice. Since the government isn't going to do it, who will??? Ask a typical friend or neighbor, they are clueless on what has happened.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,081,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
The one problem in all of this is the STUPID government bought the (junk) mortgage backed securities. Many of the notes that are getting foreclosed on are now owned by all of us. It's why the lenders are not rational. They are simply hired to take care of all of this mess that they created. So when the politicians say "stop the foreclosures" they will. After all, they don't own most of them anymore even if you write out a check to Wells Fargo or BofA.

Were is the outrage?? Heads need to roll. Literally. All of these thieves need to be brought to justice. Since the government isn't going to do it, who will??? Ask a typical friend or neighbor, they are clueless on what has happened.
The only way heads will roll is if people step up in November and get rid of ANY incumbent and the same in 2012 if things aren't straightened out by then. Two cycles of tossing the incumbent would give those dense idiots the hint that we're not going to take it anymore.
As for this mess, you won't hear much until after the elections. They're doing everything they can to avoid the hot button issues except for totally ticking off the seniors by stopping their SSI COLA. I don't know in who's world their living in saying there's no inflation, my costs have risen this year.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out, whether they hit this head on or try to sweep it under the rug creating a further mess down the road since it seems every time they kick the can down the road it flies back to hit us in the head waaaay sooner than first anticipated.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:45 AM

660 posts, read 1,399,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Oh I definitely agree with you. Seems in this case the lenders screwed up. Incompetency should not be subsidized, nor should any failure to be accountable for one's own mistakes (from organizations to individuals) be subsidized.

I do think that people with cash are still waiting, eating popcorn, watching the real estate bubble deflate further. This new foreclosure crisis is the next big spoiler that will certainly lower the value of houses.
I agree with you as well. With the exception of the last year or so, for the past few years every time I spoke to a Realtor I kept being told "Buy now or the price will go up!", until it was way way way out of my price range.

I would love to go back to those same Realtors and see what they say now. I do wish the Media would quit repeating that the ceasing of Foreclosures is going to raise Home Prices. It's getting old fast and I don't think they're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I don't know in who's world their living in saying there's no inflation, my costs have risen this year.
My costs have been rising for years but my paycheck hasn't. It's as if the Government has decided to keep lowering rates (and barely rising them) to create this artificial sense of stability in the market. Anyone who shops or pays bills knows that prices are increasing constantly and yet there seems to be no mention of inflation at all. And every time the excuse given is due to oil prices (raising transportation costs).

Last edited by ladysovereign; 10-12-2010 at 10:55 AM..

Old 10-13-2010, 09:59 AM

523 posts, read 940,033 times
jimj,

SSI deflation is likely to continue, let's hope the job market finds some footing otherwise it's going to get worse. If people aren't working, then there's less money circulation around to keep asset and other prices artificially high.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:31 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,338,758 times
Quote:
I agree with you as well. With the exception of the last year or so, for the past few years every time I spoke to a Realtor I kept being told "Buy now or the price will go up!", until it was way way way out of my price range.

I would love to go back to those same Realtors and see what they say now. I do wish the Media would quit repeating that the ceasing of Foreclosures is going to raise Home Prices. It's getting old fast and I don't think they're right.
We have a realtor on this forum who was indirectly encouraging people to buy homes insinuating the market was close to bottoming out in the Spring of 2008. When I asked him about his early prognostications, he denied ever making those claims even though I cut and paste his responses with links showing proof of his statements.

Realtors have a conflict of interest. They have to feed their families. They are not going to be honest and tell you to wait 2 years to buy a home. They need to buy and sell homes now so obviously they are going to present information in a way to create urgency now. It doesn't matter what year it is or the time of the year. They will always find a reason to encourage you to buy a home now. If the market is down, they will say "Well now is a great time to buy because everyone assumes the market is going to bottom out but you will be one of the first to get a great deal on a house because reports show the market is going up soon"

My advice is to get your own real estate license. Even when you account for the costs of paying for a course and maintaining fees, you still come out on top by saving a lot of money buying and selling your own homes. You also have peace of mind in that you can search the MLS on your own time and drive and see houses by yourself without having a realtor nag you. Realtors also get special rates and deals. A friend of mine is an ER doc and he has his real estate license. He bought some property in Scottsdale and got a special deal on the lot that saved him about 60K. The more expensive your property is the more you save. If you are buying a 1 million dollar home, that is 30K you are saving..which is a significant amount of money.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:40 AM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,124,231 times
I remember that episode, River Fan.

Never ask a barber ifya need a haircut.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:21 PM

660 posts, read 1,399,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Realtors have a conflict of interest. They have to feed their families. They are not going to be honest and tell you to wait 2 years to buy a home. They need to buy and sell homes now so obviously they are going to present information in a way to create urgency now. It doesn't matter what year it is or the time of the year. They will always find a reason to encourage you to buy a home now. If the market is down, they will say "Well now is a great time to buy because everyone assumes the market is going to bottom out but you will be one of the first to get a great deal on a house because reports show the market is going up soon"
So very true! It's like walking into a furniture store and asking if my sofa might be outdated.

Quote:
My advice is to get your own real estate license. Even when you account for the costs of paying for a course and maintaining fees, you still come out on top by saving a lot of money buying and selling your own homes. You also have peace of mind in that you can search the MLS on your own time and drive and see houses by yourself without having a realtor nag you. Realtors also get special rates and deals. A friend of mine is an ER doc and he has his real estate license. He bought some property in Scottsdale and got a special deal on the lot that saved him about 60K. The more expensive your property is the more you save. If you are buying a 1 million dollar home, that is 30K you are saving..which is a significant amount of money.
Hmm... it might be handy to have a RE license in Arizona, for the good reasons you stated. I like that story about the ER Doc. Very clever of him.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:37 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,579,301 times
AzRiverfan,

I know who you are talking about (Hee Hee Hee)!

I'll take this opportunity here to say that I checked zillow this evening and another price drop on a house I'm watching. Today it's 18%. The house is solidly built. The price drop takes it to the year 2000 in prices. It's still a bit too expensive to me. Maybe "the twain will meet" if it drops another 10% and my net worth goes up another 9%.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,081,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
AzRiverfan,

I know who you are talking about (Hee Hee Hee)!

I'll take this opportunity here to say that I checked zillow this evening and another price drop on a house I'm watching. Today it's 18%. The house is solidly built. The price drop takes it to the year 2000 in prices. It's still a bit too expensive to me. Maybe "the twain will meet" if it drops another 10% and my net worth goes up another 9%.
The problem is if your net worth goes up 9% it'll be taxed back down to -10%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area