Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 03:42 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,519,218 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the forum Tabarez

The search feature here on CD is fantastic
just start with Scottsdale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 06:46 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,172,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
My advice would be to go slow, do your research, save your money, and have a job lined up before you move.
Maybe you can share an apartment with Nick Halden (the OP).

You can discover AZ together, then go your separate ways once you figure out what you are doing.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 PM

10 posts, read 16,623 times
I'd like that, would sure help out a lot with rent, etc. lol

AZJoeD, are you really a real estate agent? would Scottsdale be a decent place to move to and find some sort of job? Like is the job market good?

Old 08-06-2010, 05:52 AM

13 posts, read 16,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
My advice would be to go slow, do your research, save your money, and have a job lined up before you move.
Thank you for your advice. I will do research, save money and try to get a job.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
I can't give any advice at all on how Arizona is to live in but I can give plenty of advice on how to pack and unpack; I've moved 6 times in 4 years. If you have any questions I'm happy to help if I can.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:40 AM

13 posts, read 16,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I can't give any advice at all on how Arizona is to live in but I can give plenty of advice on how to pack and unpack; I've moved 6 times in 4 years. If you have any questions I'm happy to help if I can.
Why have you moved 6 times in 4 years? It is because job or something else?

Old 08-06-2010, 08:15 AM

204 posts, read 628,546 times
Default Fresh start

Don't let other's caution squash your dreams : ) Just be careful is all...having said that, Arizona is a strange place to move blindly. I did and we ended up in the ghetto for the first three months here! I grew up in Illinois and good and bad neighborhoods were more easily defined. It's going to be tough for anyone to tell you "Well, Tempe is good, so is Glendale" because they are all good and bad in parts. Tempe is a great place for a younger person, college crowd and all, and hopefully the dead fish swamp smell from the dam breaking will be gone very soon. You really must come out here and get a feel for the place before you settle on an area. If you don't you are taking your chances because there of plenty of places that look nice online but once you get here to them you are like HUH??? Moving ends up being more expensive than you think so be careful and good luck!

Old 08-06-2010, 08:16 AM

204 posts, read 628,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
EEEK!! I hate moving! Didn't that make you crazy??

Old 08-06-2010, 01:14 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moveeast31 View Post
Don't let other's caution squash your dreams : ) Just be careful is all...having said that, Arizona is a strange place to move blindly. I did and we ended up in the ghetto for the first three months here! I grew up in Illinois and good and bad neighborhoods were more easily defined. It's going to be tough for anyone to tell you "Well, Tempe is good, so is Glendale" because they are all good and bad in parts. Tempe is a great place for a younger person, college crowd and all, and hopefully the dead fish swamp smell from the dam breaking will be gone very soon. You really must come out here and get a feel for the place before you settle on an area. If you don't you are taking your chances because there of plenty of places that look nice online but once you get here to them you are like HUH??? Moving ends up being more expensive than you think so be careful and good luck!
Haha same thing happened to me. I had never been to AZ in my life. My husband and I moved with 2 kids no jobs. I picked out an apartment through the For Rent magazine. This was before internet. The apartments were nice but the neighborhood 27th Ave and Northern.

Anyway that was in 1988. We moved to Tempe shortly after that to a better neighborhood. I had no problem adjusting I loved the weather and the palm trees. We found jobs and live went on.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:43 AM

6 posts, read 28,873 times
I just moved here....left my government job and (no, I am not on welfare)....

God had blessed me and He can take care of you.

Follow and pursue what He says in your life....fulfil your aspiration and dreams.

I arrived here around7/27/2010 and its best taht you come here, get acquainted with the different parts ofthe city (Cities) and base you conclusion on who YOU are.

There is a condo/townhome that accepts pets, has a private entrance, no deposit, nice area...but its near the border of Gilbert and Mesa....

If you want to live in an area where there is grass and that suburban feel,EAST VALLEY , i.e. Scottsdale (the rich), Gilbert, gun shot Chandler...... (sorry for the jokes)

Stay at the Gilbert Extended Stay called IN TOWN SUITES... Tara will help you with a nice suite, where you can stay weekly with a full sizedx frig, stove top, microwave and have the opportunity to visit and site see for yourself while you make a decision.

Just my recent experience and opinion.

Have a safe trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area