Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:20 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,092,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by einselec View Post
Our country, South Africa, is the size of Arizona and we have 50 murders a day. That gives you 18 250 murders a year. Do you still think AZ is a dangerous place??

We are hoping and praying to relocate to Phoenix very soon! Hope to see you all in the not too distant future!

I have to get my wife and boy aged 1 out of here.
I hope you do get out. This is not a thread about Arizona being dangerous or not but a tool for people relocating. It will be better for some not for others.
I hate to be the one to break it to you but Arizonas murder rate per year is three times the national average at about 300 or so a year. Phx alone has about 220! So I am not so sure, if those numbers worry you, or if you will feel any safer in AZ? SorryKVOA News 4, Tucson, Arizona - Murder rate about the same in Phoenix, slightly down in Tucson (http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5863396 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 04:28 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,969,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Nice! No guess work. Now people can make judgements based on facts.

That link was put up last August.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 AM

Are you calling me a copy cat? ouch! I wasn't here last August. Well who ever put it up first I think it was a good idea, and now I am copying you.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:32 PM

647 posts, read 3,343,715 times
Quote:
Are you calling me a copy cat? ouch! I wasn't here last August. Well who ever put it up first I think it was a good idea, and now I am copying you.
Don't worry. Probably most people on this board now were not on this board last August, including me, so I don't know why it matters that the link was posted last August. Thank you for posting it again

Old 06-26-2007, 07:01 PM

39,109 posts, read 51,345,694 times
Quote:
I hope you do get out. This is not a thread about Arizona being dangerous or not but a tool for people relocating. It will be better for some not for others.
I hate to be the one to break it to you but Arizonas murder rate per year is three times the national average at about 300 or so a year. Phx alone has about 220! So I am not so sure, if those numbers worry you, or if you will feel any safer in AZ? SorryKVOA News 4, Tucson, Arizona - Murder rate about the same in Phoenix, slightly down in Tucson (http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5863396 - broken link)
Murder rate is not very helpful as most victims knew their killer. Domestic fights, gang murders, and, here, murders related to human smuggling are all in the mix. An "innocent" persson's chances of being a murder victim are small everywhere.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:32 PM

Well then, what is helpful? This thread is for facts, do you have any to bring to the table with your opinion? Articles from the police dept.,etc. I would love as many positive spins on our crime as I can get, just not without some proof in the pudding if you get my drift. If people want to relax about crime or freak out about the crime here, that's their business. This isn't an attack on AZ, so no defending is necessary! If you have facts to help people figure out where they want to live in relation to crime, for example, an article on how most crime in phoenix is domestic crime I am sure people want to know! This is about area, not state. Which area has less crime. So be sure and find the local on the "findings" you are talking about. Thanks! (more domestic crime in Mesa, for example)( or how does illegal smuggling of drugs and people effect the average citizen in AZ? Are your chances of getting hurt by this higher?) These would be great to add!

Last edited by twiggy; 06-26-2007 at 08:45 PM..

Old 06-26-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatdrinks View Post
Don't worry. Probably most people on this board now were not on this board last August, including me, so I don't know why it matters that the link was posted last August. Thank you for posting it again
Thanks!

Old 06-26-2007, 08:57 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,461,223 times
Quote:
This will actually tell you what crimes and how many are happening in your neighborhood. Its from the police dept. Its very helpful and its really just the facts. You can compare it to your city to see the difference in crime.

Arizona Crime Search - Crime In Arizona - Phoenix Crime Search - azcentral.com
Well, thank you. I take comfort in this, as crimes in my zip code are non-residential in nature and, of course, not against people.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:51 PM

72 posts, read 234,871 times
Crime is every where and anywhere. Just be street smart and you will be okay! Thats how I look at it

Old 06-27-2007, 01:36 AM

253 posts, read 377,430 times
The big problem in Arizona is property crime - burglaries and auto thefts. I never felt unsafe in 7 years of living there (except one year in downtown Scottsdale which was shady) but was always aware of the high burglary rate, which is even higher in "affluent" communities like Scottsdale and P.V.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area