Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 03:39 AM

81 posts, read 355,213 times

Advertisements

i can see doing something as stupid as 90mph..... on an empty deserted road. but weaving in and out of traffic? if i was the cop i'd have hauled you away. i'd for sure have tooted my horn and gave the cop a thumbs up as i went by if i had witnessed this.
the best advice here is to get a lawyer, as already stated. hopefully, by the time the lawyer is done raking you over the coals, the judge has slapped you with a stiff fine, and you find out what this is going to do to your insurance for the next 6 years until you are at least 25 years old, you will have learned a valuable, life-long lesson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 08:59 AM

39,106 posts, read 51,313,080 times
At that speed you may very well lose your license for at least a month and even get a suspended jail term and probation. You're going to have to attend traffic survival school. If you do get a suspension, when you get your license back, you'll need an SR22. All of this means $$$ out of your pocket.

Get a lawyer, your case is aggravated (extreme), you're a teenager and they will try to throw the book at you. Lawyer will probably plea it down somewhat. This is not just a traffic ticket, it is a criminal offense. It is going to follow you around for some time. Don't take it lightly.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:02 AM

419 posts, read 1,526,265 times
I think "Wreckless" driving is the opposite of "Reckless" driving.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,088,922 times
I bet your parents won't be happy campers. he he We all learn this lesson sometime, at least your not learning it from going to one of your friends funerals. Be grateful, money is the least of all regrets on this scale. Get a job, and pay for your mistakes and go on never to speed or drive recklessly again.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:15 PM

860 posts, read 2,718,689 times
I agree that the OP is admitting blame and taking responsibility.

But I am glad that he was not next to my vehicle and children as we drove back from CA to visit family on one of our trips. Sometimes life gives you a warning before something worse occurs. I hope you are punished enough so that it will make a lasting impression. If your punishment is minimal , be grateful and remember the wheels if Karma. Everyone exceeds the speed limit at some point in their life, but weaving in and out of traffic at top speeds terrorizes many of your fellow drivers . Its a sickening feeling to know that a giant wad of steel manned by an idiot is careening towards all you hold most dear like we're all blips on his imaginary screen and you just have to hold on to the wheel and pray for the best.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:34 PM

4 posts, read 6,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay View Post
I think "Wreckless" driving is the opposite of "Reckless" driving.

Yeah, I definately meant to spell it reckless. My bad. And thanks you guys for all the advice so far. I am going to try calling a lawyer later this week to see if I can get a free consult. Seeing how I am a college student though... This is going to be a tough one. But I get what I deserve. And I will admit to that.
I'm just freaked out.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:13 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,032,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyh3 View Post
Yeah, I definately meant to spell it reckless. My bad. And thanks you guys for all the advice so far. I am going to try calling a lawyer later this week to see if I can get a free consult. Seeing how I am a college student though... This is going to be a tough one. But I get what I deserve. And I will admit to that.
I'm just freaked out.
Try checking at your college and see if they have law students who can advise you. It may not cost you as much (or free) and they are supposed to be under the guidance of practicing lawyers. Also I just wanted to make you aware that depending on your own course of study and what kind of degree and future employment you are looking to obtain, this may very well be a black mark on a background check. Sorry to heap on more bad news, but better to be forewarned. Definitely see what a lawyer can do to get this pled down for the least possible impact on your "record". Just the fact that you are trying to take care of this in a responsible way could speak volumes to a judge. Keep us posted on the outcome.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:41 PM

211 posts, read 641,706 times
Wow, dude. Sorry you got the pinch. It's a particularly frustrating way to build a little character.

As someone who's done a buck twenty and more out there in the past and now keeps the cruise set at 82mph, I know how hard it can be to keep yourself in check as you get passed by dozens of strokes in full sized trucks and SUVs with the tacky chrome wheels doing 90+. I know, I know, it seems like they never get pulled over, but sometimes they do. This time around, it was you. Everyone you had passed in the last half hour passed right by you and you had better believe they were glad to see you get the pinch, because they were struggling with their inner demons trying to talk them into following suit.

Lawyer up and make the plea. Be willing to do some community service, pay some fat fines, maybe even spend a night camping in south Phoenix. Prepare for the worst, maintain composure, show respect to everyone you deal with during this, be genuinely sorry for what you did, learn a lesson, and hope karma is kind.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:07 PM

860 posts, read 2,718,689 times
I too genuinely hope karma is kind as long as he learned his lesson.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:30 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,593,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1665 View Post
...As someone who's done a buck twenty and more out there in the past and now keeps the cruise set at 82mph, ...
Just curious, you set at 82 even in a 65 zone like where the OP got pulled over? Lucky the speed cameras are off now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area