Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 03:09 AM

1,108 posts, read 1,383,425 times

Advertisements

Be glad you lived... check this kid out (also 19 years old)

YouTube - Police Cruiser Records I675 Southbound Accident Dayton-OH.mp4

He was airlifted to the hospital in serious condition. His life is changed forever, as he will likely be partially paralyzed and have permanent scars / pain for the rest of his life.

Driving is a privilege, don't ever take it for granted.

Last edited by AndroidAZ; 08-25-2010 at 04:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 01:07 PM

894 posts, read 2,202,021 times
Dude who lives near there posted that on a truck forum I am on. Wicked crash. I think that was fascination fixation.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:16 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,570,002 times
Up until the recession got deep (early 2009), you could drive up to ten MPH faster (than the posted speed limit) on the Arizona freeways without the police giving a hoot. About three or four months ago the media was all lit up - newspapers, the internet, and so forth, about cities in revenue shortfall and that the window of speed excess was shortened to 5mph over the speed limit. If the guy is driving on interstate ten at 82mph in a 75mph zone, he could be nabbed, even going the flow of the traffic.

It sucks, but it's the LE whim, and they have the guns and prisons, don't they?

In California on old 395 nearly 20 years ago I was clocked at 77 in a 55 mph zone. Very careless. I did not get any misdemeanor or anything, but a ticket over $200. I was lucky. I heard of felony speeding. I went to court over that and they dropped my fee by $5.00 I missed a day of work ($150 worth of work for a $5 discount). I never went more than 10mph above the limit again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
Just curious, you set at 82 even in a 65 zone like where the OP got pulled over? Lucky the speed cameras are off now.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:21 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I did the exact same thing back in 2003. I got 8 points on my license and a $250 fine. I ended up losing my license for a year because I had a DUI back in 2000 (2 majors within 5 years=1year license revocation). I would not sweat it as you will not be doing any jail time or lose your license since you have no former tickets.
You should hope we never run into one another. Your support of driving while intoxicated should be cause for true alarm.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:25 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDesertRat86 View Post
Easy there homeboy. Yes, what he did was wrong, and he knows it; but he came here looking for advice, not ridicule.

But I do agree with you. 19 years old, you probably aren't that great of a driver in the first place, even if you think you are. So take it easy next time. You did the crime, now you gotta do the time (and fees.) This is called a punishment. Just take it with a grain of salt, and hopefully you will have learned from your mistakes. Its all a part of growing up.
Good advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area