Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 05:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,047,807 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any current info on the Prasada mall area? Will it ever start? Will Sands Chevy be the only tenent to ever see construction?
Any idea if Safeway Waddell will EVER start construction?

Inquiring minds want to know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 11:33 AM

39,099 posts, read 51,306,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Anyone have any current info on the Prasada mall area? Will it ever start? Will Sands Chevy be the only tenent to ever see construction?
Any idea if Safeway Waddell will EVER start construction?

Inquiring minds want to know...
I was just reading a story about an update held recently with the developer of the malls. Estrella Falls might (big emphasis on might) open by 2016/17 but they said Prasada is "years behind" that - 2021 or beyond. The good news for Estrella Falls, IMO, is that they are now thinking indoor mall instead of the outdoor plan they had a few years ago.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:07 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,075,677 times
gee, had to look that place (and the word itself) up....it evidently means some sort of "state of grace" in the Hindu language.....and here's an article from 2011 on the state of Prasada back then....promises related to developments here in Arizona have existed since the first promoters salted a gold mine here back in the 1850s....that Surprise bureaucrat's gushing quote about "largest in Arizona" made me turn cynical, I guess

http://www.azcentral.com/community/w...-on-track.html

Last edited by azdr0710; 02-15-2013 at 12:20 PM..

Old 02-15-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
gee, had to look that place (and the word itself) up....it evidently means some sort of "state of grace" in the Hindu language.....and here's an article from 2011 on the state of Prasada back then....developments, and the promises related to them, have existed since the first mine promoter salted a gold mine here in Arizona back in the 1850s....that Surprise employee's quote about "largest in Arizona" made me turn cynical, I guess

http://www.azcentral.com/community/w...-on-track.html
Here is the latest:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/s...onal-mall.html

Estrella Falls will be built years before Prasada, Newland said. The Goodyear mall will be built first because more people live near the project and the population has more-favorable demographics, he said.

“The Estrella Falls site is years ahead of that site,” he said of Prasada. “It will be at least five years after we open this project before you can deliver another regional mall in Surprise.”

Given the latest timeline on Estrella Falls, it could be ten years before Prasada Mall opens.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:12 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,613,169 times
List of what is open plus what is coming soon. A major work in progress and most places will not come in until the 303 is done.

Prasada - Experience: Retail

Prasada - Experience: Auto

Old 02-15-2013, 12:13 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,075,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That story is way, way out of date. Here is the latest:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/s...onal-mall.html
hey Pondy....I only quoted it to compare things back then (2005 and 2011) to today's status and see if the promises have been kept (and to define "prasada" for all!)....no problem....

Old 02-15-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
List of what is open plus what is coming soon. A major work in progress and most places will not come in until the 303 is done.

Prasada - Experience: Retail

Prasada - Experience: Auto
From the link on Estrella Falls

Estrella Falls will be built years before Prasada, Newland said. The Goodyear mall will be built first because more people live near the project and the population has more-favorable demographics, he said.

“The Estrella Falls site is years ahead of that site,” he said of Prasada. “It will be at least five years after we open this project before you can deliver another regional mall in Surprise.”

Given the latest timeline on Estrella Falls, it could be ten years before Prasada Mall opens.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
hey Pondy....I only quoted it to compare things back then (2005 and 2011) to today's status and see if the promises have been kept (and to define "prasada" for all!)....no problem....
I realized that after I posted! I took out that remark from the post. You do have an excellent point about promises made, promises broken in the PHX area. I do think that eventually we will see the Estrella Falls mall and possibly the Prasada one as well.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:38 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I realized that after I posted! I took out that remark from the post. You do have an excellent point about promises made, promises broken in the PHX area. I do think that eventually we will see the Estrella Falls mall and possibly the Prasada one as well.
The question is do we need so many malls? I love development and jobs like the next guy but what happens to all the old malls when the new ones arise, in my experience not good things. With Estrella Falls and Prasada opening combined with the new Westgate outlet mall, Arrowhead becomes Metrocenter 2. The same thing with Arizona Mills. Mills is already going down hill but the new Premium Outlets puts the nail in the coffin.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
The question is do we need so many malls? I love development and jobs like the next guy but what happens to all the old malls when the new ones arise, in my experience not good things. With Estrella Falls and Prasada opening combined with the new Westgate outlet mall, Arrowhead becomes Metrocenter 2. The same thing with Arizona Mills. Mills is already going down hill but the new Premium Outlets puts the nail in the coffin.
Estrella Falls would be a long way from Arrowhead and serving a population that did not exist 10 years ago. Clearly shopping and services are going to be needed for growth areas - you can't expect people in Goodyear and Buckeye to drive all the way to Arrowhead to go to Dillards on a regular basis. I think the situation is different with Premium/Mills. They are both after the same population base and demographic, no? In that case the newer more modern one is going to win out. Such is Phoenix, I guess. It's not just shopping either, we see the same trends in residential development as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area