Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 04:23 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
I do not make that trip during rush hour, but you would not take Bell the whole way. You would hop on the 101 at Bell.

I would say from Bell and Litchfield to Bell and the 101 would be 25 minutes on a good day, probably closer to 30. Then, say another 15 to 20 minutes on the 101 to the 35th Avenue exit (or the next exit). So, 40 to 50 minutes would be my guess. It takes me less than 30 minutes for that route, but that is on a couple of Saturdays per month, which is obviously different.

If you are coming from much further west on Bell, add more time or try the 303 suggestion.
I get from Parkview and Bell to 51st and Thunderbird in less than 30 mins on a daily basis (leave at 8am). It takes me about 35 mins going home (5pm). I take Bell to 67th, to Greenway to 51st Ave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 04:36 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco56 View Post
Hello everyone

It looks like we are going to be buying a home right off W. Bell Rd. in Surprise
and that my job is going to be about 2 miles off of W. Bell Rd. in Deer Valley.
According to Mapquest the distance is 25 miles.

I was wondering how long this commute will take at rush hour? I prefer to not drive the freeways so this route seems like a straight shot if it is a reasonable drive timewise.

Thank you everyone !
Have you looked at houses any closer to where you work? I wouldn't wish that commute on anyone. There are plenty of well-priced houses all over the valley - including near the area you'll be working in.

FWIW, jump up to Union Hills instead of Bell road whenever possible - it's much less commercial and seems to flow alot better.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:31 AM

15 posts, read 88,878 times
I agree with Union Hills. I avoid Bell as much as possible. If it's early in the morning on the weekends it's OK - but any other time it's as slow as molasses. I know it took me 45 minutes to drive about 5 miles along that stretch, the area from the east edge of Sun City past the Arrowhead area is horrible! Too many lights, too many cars, always a long wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area