Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 02:43 PM

88 posts, read 269,174 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to PHX area and think staying in Gilbert. Which area is safe, clean, quiet and friendly? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 02:48 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmib View Post
I'm relocating to PHX area and think staying in Gilbert. Which area is safe, clean, quiet and friendly? Thanks.
There are no bad areas of Gilbert. The entire town is safe, clean, quiet, and friendly.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:33 PM

Thanks Kim.
I'm a newbie here. How do I post such thread in Gilbert forum, in stead of in the entire Phoenix forum?

Old 10-06-2010, 03:39 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,578,860 times
There is no city-data Gilbert forum, it's included in the Phoenix area. You can do a search for "gilbert" to find other related posts.

Last edited by rjrcm; 10-06-2010 at 04:52 PM..

Old 10-06-2010, 03:42 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
Quote:
Thanks Kim.
I'm a newbie here. How do I post such thread in Gilbert forum, in stead of in the entire Phoenix forum?
There is no Gilbert-specific forum. You posted in the correct forum. Others will be along shortly to give you additional input.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:26 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,276,167 times
Val Vista Lakes is really nice, but it's a little too close to some bad parts of Mesa for my liking. The Islands is a step below Val Vista Lakes, but I like the surrounding area a little better. There's Circle G Ranch neighborhoods scattered around that have large million dollar plus custom homes on estate sized lots, there's Seville in South Gilbert with a great country club and Golf Course. There's Spectrum by the San Tan Village mall, etc., etc. Basically any direction you go in Gilbert, you'll be able to find upscale housing, you just need to figure out what part of Gilbert you want to live in and what you want to be near (shopping, schools, etc.) and go from there.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:32 PM

asufan, I was thinking the Val Vista Lakes might be nice, without knowing it's too close to the bad parts of Mesa.

I work from home, so pretty open to any decent locations.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:52 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,276,167 times
Quote:
asufan, I was thinking the Val Vista Lakes might be nice, without knowing it's too close to the bad parts of Mesa.

I work from home, so pretty open to any decent locations.

Val Vista Lakes is nice. It's is merely my personal concern, and it's probably unlikely that much of the crime/blight bleeds into Gilbert. And it's not like that part of Mesa is a slum, just a lower income area, and the schools are a little poorer.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:46 AM

860 posts, read 2,715,986 times
I have been tracking the available housing in Gilbert for a few years as we plan to buy this spring and because I enjoy and have studied real estate. From what I have seen based upon what has sold fastest the area South of German that is Chandler schools but in Gilbert seems to be the most new and coveted. This is distinct from Higley schools district which is just East of that area, which is very nice but apparently less coveted due to how quickly the Chandler schools homes sell. Nice homes in that area seem to vanish quickly from the market.
I also seems that East Gilbert is more desirable than West,its older and closer to Chandler. The Highland High School district area seems popular, (Val Vista Lakes and Morrison Ranch which are gorgeous). That having been said I think all the areas of Gilbert that have nicer well maintained homes are livable especially for rental, but if you are buying and are able to afford and find a home in one of the more coveted areas it would probably be a smarter purchase.

I am no expert and am new to the area, and I am pretty darn happy with Gilbert as a whole, but my opinions are based upon how the areas seem to be selling. The area of Gilbert w/ Chandler schools around Layton Lakes and Spectrum at Val Vista seems to be the buying sweet spot. But honestly, I prefer the more established areas.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:23 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
No bad part of Gilbert. The whole town is pretty much Upper-Middle class....upper class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area