Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:19 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,068,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagirl View Post
WHere is this greenbelt near tatum/shea - how do you access it?
the "greenbelt" is actually the Indian Bend Wash, which has its "headwaters" (!) near Greenway and 28th St (approx) and "flows" thru the PV Mall area and onto the central Scottsdale area and then to the Salt River....

in the PV Mall area, there are public sidewalks along it from just N of Shea and E of Tatum "upstream" to N of Cactus and W of 44th or so....park in any large public shopping center parking lot along Tatum or Cactus near the greenbelt (possibly the center on the SW corner of Cactus and Tatum) and walk yourself over to the wash and look for the walks on one side of the wash or the other...I think there's easy access behind the Embassy Suites and the next-door golf club off Paradise Village Dr SW of Cactus and Tatum......

there is a golf course in the area, but the sidewalk skirts it on the edge......

this is the same Indian Bend Wash that Scottsdale has developed into its nationally famous "greenbelt" along Hayden in central Scottsdale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 12:54 AM

93 posts, read 305,632 times
You should take the time to look at it all. Generally, north seems more likely for you. But how about Paradise Valley, Fountain Hills, Cave Creek, Carefree, north Phoenix? What's important?

Old 10-18-2010, 03:51 PM

11 posts, read 31,129 times
Honestly the only part of Scottsdale that I find to be really snobby is right around Fashion Square Mall. Scottsdale Road and Camelback.
But as with all areas you get some people that live up to the name and others that don't.
The area directly around Paradise Valley mall definitely will be less that your 1M budget though. That's going into more of the Phoenix border.
If you get the chance just take a cruise around the area and see what you think and how you feel.

Otherwise, would be happy to answer any questions about a more specific neighborhood if you narrow down your search at all.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,504,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan9240 View Post
Honestly the only part of Scottsdale that I find to be really snobby is right around Fashion Square Mall. Scottsdale Road and Camelback.
But as with all areas you get some people that live up to the name and others that don't.
The area directly around Paradise Valley mall definitely will be less that your 1M budget though. That's going into more of the Phoenix border.
If you get the chance just take a cruise around the area and see what you think and how you feel.

Otherwise, would be happy to answer any questions about a more specific neighborhood if you narrow down your search at all.
I have found just about all of Scottsdale to be snobby. Old town, fashion mall area, northern Scottsdale, you name it. $40,000 millionaires with plastic body parts and designer clothes are the rule.

I once read where it's known as the South Beach of the desert southwest.

Only southern parts of Scottsdale seem to be more down to earth.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:56 PM

24 posts, read 62,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan9240 View Post
I fully agree. I read all these posts about how horrible and "snobby" Scottsdale is and, for the most part, I find it greatly exaggerated. Yes, you DO have the fake people in certain areas (the more "hip" areas to be in) but there are so many nice places too. I have been living here for 2 years (renting and now owning) and really like it. I am a native NYer so maybe my tolerance levels are different but Scottsdale is pretty fine

Old 10-29-2010, 11:19 AM

81 posts, read 230,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I vote green belt near the PV (Paradise Valley) mall. There are some upscale homes there, though it is more "middle to upper-middle class". You can't beat the area for walking, running, walking your dog, cycling, etc. There are plenty of high-end cars, people, houses, and lots of restaurants and shops in the area to choose from. Tatum/Shea is contiguous to the town of Paradise Valley itself. I think the area is much more convenient than the other end of Scottsdale (far east end).

If you're not into those types of activities then I'd agree with the other poster: Troon, etc. That's a really high-end area with plenty of shops, restaurants, resorts, golf, etc.

Super high end, town of PV itself, then you have to drive to everything and watch out for unmanned white vans with radar in the mostly 25-mph zoned area, especially on Doubletree Road between Scottsdale Rd. and E 52nd.
I'm pretty sure Tatum/Shea is Phoenix. Not Scottsdale. I'm at Tatum/Thunderbird and that's definitely Phoenix.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:12 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,068,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk72 View Post
I'm pretty sure Tatum/Shea is Phoenix. Not Scottsdale. I'm at Tatum/Thunderbird and that's definitely Phoenix.
yes, Tatum and Shea area is City of Phoenix, except the SE corner which is Town of PV.....see a map.....

in fact, the City of Phoenix goes east all the way to Scottsdale Rd in the areas north of Cactus.....the 85254 zip in this area is coveted by many because it has the lower Phx taxes, but a desirable-to-some Scottsdale mailing address

check out a map....many will be surprised where the various city boundaries creep around to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area