Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:18 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times

Advertisements

That lemon lady both trespassed and then robbed.

Two two two crimes for the price of one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 01:46 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,226,263 times
Yes, the disconnect from common sense and a moral compass on the part of the lemon lady astounds me, as I am of the old school that anyone who sets a foot on my property without an invitation or permission is TRESPASSING. And I will act accordingly to protect what is mine.

The fact that she compounded her crime of trespass by STEALING something that was not hers to take would prompt me to call the cops and press charges against her.

Of course, I prefer to be proactive in protecting my property rights and have ALWAYS fenced the entire perimeter of my domain. If I could afford it, I'd add a moat and crocodiles, too.

Not that I'm bitter...

What the hell is WRONG with people? The only way I could see a come-to-Jesus moment for the lemon lady would be to follow her home and help yourself to anything you want in HER yard.

Kudos to the OP for doing the right thing, and I'm glad you didn't have to find out the hard way that she was armed and ready to take on all comers to protect her ill-gotten booty.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:22 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,010,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xica_da_Silva View Post
In person, I am outgoing but normally non-confrontational...in fact, most of my workmates call me 'the nice one'. But this evening, when I saw a young lady park her car in front of my house, then proceed to walk down the street to my neighbor's house and pick a bunch of his lemons without asking his permission (I'm pretty sure he wasn't home at the time), it really bothered me!

So, as she walked back to her car, I said "Don't you think you should ask permission before taking fruit from someone's tree, I mean, just as a courtesy?". I have to say she did seem genuinely surprised and said something like, 'Oh, I'm sure they'd never use all of those and it's better not to let them go to waste, and I was only taking a few, and will bring them to a YWCA meeting tomorrow, etc.'.

I guess I am just shocked that people are ok with going onto someone's private property and taking fruit without asking. I understand there may be some genuinely hungry, hard luck people out there who may need food, but still, it strikes me as disrespectful and audacious to do it like that, and not through what might be more official channels. Am I wrong?! Maybe I am I just an old fart who'll start screaming 'get offa my lawn' someday soon?!
LOL. Maybe!

Honestly, I think it was wrong (and hope that person did not take the BIGGEST lemons on the tree) but I don't think I would have said anything. I would have been shocked, for sure!

Times are tough and if the worst thing someone does is pick a few lemons, I consider that not too big of a deal. Now, if they start showing up on my doorstep with guns demanding I hand over anything of value, then I'll really be irked!

Old 10-30-2010, 09:35 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,168,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Times are tough and if the worst thing someone does is pick a few lemons, I consider that not too big of a deal.
LOL! Times might be tough, but lemons are never going to make or break a person who's in a tough situation. Very few cases of scurvy reported in AZ lately!

Old 10-30-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
LOL! Times might be tough, but lemons are never going to make or break a person who's in a tough situation. Very few cases of scurvy reported in AZ lately!
I once had a yard guy take my BIGGEST lemon. Boy, that ticked me off. I would not have cared about the smaller lemons, but the fact he took my GIANT lemon irked me. Of course, I said nothing, but still remember it to this day!

I guess with all that's going wrong these days, I am just grateful no one has shown up on my doorstep demanding my Lean Cuisines. I buy them on sale and stockpile. In all seriousness, maybe those lemons were used to make lemon meringue pie. I don't know. I just think we have bigger things to worry about at this point.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:44 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,168,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I guess with all that's going wrong these days, I am just grateful no one has shown up on my doorstep demanding my Lean Cuisines. In all seriousness, maybe those lemons were used to make lemon merigue pie. I don't know.
I love your writing style! You should blog. This made me laugh. Out loud.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
I love your writing style! You should blog. This made me laugh. Out loud.
Well, gosh durn it, thanks! That's very sweet. I'll stick to CD for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: