Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 10:13 PM

142 posts, read 933,748 times

Advertisements

Try to stay in the north Glendale area closer to the loop 101 or the north Phoenix area just east of there. As you head south, the rents may go down but so does the neighborhood in some ways. Really depends on what you're looking to pay, access to culture, restaurants, etc. that you're looking for.

As for the heat, it can be pretty brutal here. I lived in Baltimore for 7 years and that was humid enough for me. As much as I hate the heat here, I know I can't go back to that serious humidity. At least in the dry heat, I can breathe whereas the humidity would just clog me up. I do miss the green and the rain, though, but a quick week long visit to my mom's in September(she's in VA) and that usually cures me for a bit, LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 11:33 PM

582 posts, read 1,482,564 times
Being 26 years old and single I don't think Gilbert, or East Mesa would be suitable socially. I would check out South Scottsdale and North Tempe, as well as Central Phoenix areas. The Arcadia area of east Phoenix borders Scottsdale and is reasonable.You may be a good fit there. Those are somewhat progressive areas with decent restaurants and night life close by. There is affordable rent in those areas. You just have to drive around and get a feel for the areas.

Glendale can be somewhat isolated, and the areas closest to central Glendale are "the hood". It depends on where you job is, but the more centrally located you are the closer and more access you will have to things to do.

Once you actually see what you can get for your money in rent, what the area looks like, and how close it is to things to do, everything will clarify itself.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:52 PM

21 posts, read 83,753 times
I appreciate the reply Goober13. I would think Tempe would have reasonable rent but Scottsdale too? I mean... even if its South Scottsdale... I hear that place is expensive. Well, at least for me. I'm looking for a one bedroom apartment for anything under $800 a month.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 PM

512 posts, read 948,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFCFan View Post
I appreciate the reply Goober13. I would think Tempe would have reasonable rent but Scottsdale too? I mean... even if its South Scottsdale... I hear that place is expensive. Well, at least for me. I'm looking for a one bedroom apartment for anything under $800 a month.
I have friends living at Scottsdale Springs Apartments on Osbourn Road whom have a two bedroom that fits into your budget. It is a cute place, recently renovated with stackable washer/dryer, a nice size patio, next to a golf course and walking distance into town. They are in their mid twenties also and really like their apartment. They came from So California and have only lived there since December. My friend does complain about the crowds in town when there are special events. Good luck in your search!

Old 02-12-2011, 10:27 AM

21 posts, read 83,753 times
Thank you Palenaka! It looks like I can keep Scottsdale in consideration. I'm going to explore the whole East Valley!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area