Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2011, 06:18 PM

111 posts, read 208,774 times

Advertisements

I will be coming to Scottsdale, AZ in April in looking for a possible relocation. I found three condo's to rent. The pictures look great on VBRO, but I've experienced many unfortunate surprises in my life, so I thought I would ask the experts who already live out there.

Choice #1 - condo at the "Signature Scottsdale" on Frank Lloyd Wright and Raintree.

Choice #2 - condo at "Kierland Scottsdale" at the "Allison's Condo complex."

Choice #3 - a casita where owner's live on property which I believe is out north quite a ways in Troon Village on N. Pima Rd & E. Jomax Rd. I fear I'll see a lot of snakes and havalina's out there! I love to hike, and that would probably scare me a bit, as I am a Arizona virgin.

I look forward and welcome your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 11:33 PM

50 posts, read 170,098 times
Kierland Scottsdale-- of those choices.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:04 PM

11,083 posts, read 6,917,533 times
When I was looking for a condo last summer I read that the FLW/Raintree facility had a parking problem.

Make sure that casita isn't one that's been advertised for a long, long time. Sometimes those types of places seem really great but then there's some sort of problem.

I agree of the three options Kierland is the best.

Check apartmentratings.com for ratings, keeping in mind that it's usually only people who are really upset, or "very satisfied renters" who are really just disguised management people.
http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...e-Horizon.html

Last edited by pathrunner; 02-20-2011 at 12:22 PM..

Old 02-20-2011, 06:58 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,071,637 times
check whether your dream condo is really just a converted apartment...many here are - usually the lower-priced ones....I may be wrong, but both of the ones you mention are probably condo conversions.....also check on HOA fees, the financial health of the HOA (lots of non-paying foreclosures??), noisy/weird neighbors, quality of the grounds..............

you need to come out here and look around before committing to a place...spend several days before signing....ask questions, talk to the neighbors, visit at night

Old 02-21-2011, 08:40 AM

70 posts, read 178,679 times
I personally like a spacious one, and easily/accessible within the workplace and also around the city (hopefully). Make a list of your priorities, the things that you think you cannot live without be on topmost and so on and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: